Corey joined Ropes & Gray’s litigation and enforcement practice group in January 2021. His practice focuses on government enforcement and internal investigations, and he regularly represents corporate clients in matters involving alleged violations of the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Corey also has experience with various stages of civil litigation and arbitration.
Corey is a member of the Order of the Coif and graduated magna cum laude from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law. While at Cardozo, Corey served as an associate editor of the Cardozo Law Review and a teacher’s assistant for the Legal Research and Writing program.
Government Enforcement and Investigations
- Conducted an internal investigation for a multinational oil company regarding its historical relationship with a government official, land usage agreements, and related risks under the FCPA.
- Assisted with a pharmaceutical company’s internal investigation related to FCPA allegations involving a clinical study site in Latin America.
- Advised an oil and shipping company of potential risks under the FCPA related to foreign land grants.
- Assisted with a medical device manufacturer’s internal investigation of its Asian subsidiary, arising from whistleblower allegations of corruption and bribery.
- Conducted pre-acquisition anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, economic sanctions, and export controls compliance due diligence for private equity firms operating in high-risk jurisdictions.
- Advises a private equity firm in SEC and DOJ inquiry related to alleged insider trading.
- Assists with a medical device manufacturers’ DOJ subpoena response related to allegations under the False Claims Act.
- Represented a medical device manufacturer in relation to multiple Second Requests from the Federal Trade Commission.
- Successfully defended a national retailer from a consumer class action alleging violations of various state consumer protection acts in the Southern District of New York.
- Represented an autonomous technology manufacturer in arbitration proceedings before the American Arbitration Association.
- Provided pre-litigation advice to a multinational pharmaceutical company regarding contractual obligations.
- Conducts anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, economic sanctions, and export controls compliance due diligence related to charitable grants for non-profit organizations in Ukraine.
- JD, magna cum laude, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law of Yeshiva University, 2020; Order of the Coif
- BA, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 2017
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2021