Daniel Samovici is temporarily on a full-time client Secondment.
Daniel Samovici is an associate in the firm’s securities and public companies group. Daniel’s practice focuses primarily on transactional matters, representing public companies, investment banks and private equity firms and their portfolio companies in domestic and international public and private securities offerings (initial public offerings, follow-on and secondary equity offerings and high-yield, investment grade and convertible debt offerings), mergers and acquisitions and other strategic transactions.
Daniel also regularly advises clients with respect to corporate governance, stock exchange rules and regulations and securities law compliance matters, including periodic reporting and Rule 144 transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, Daniel was an associate in the capital markets practice group at a leading law firm in New York.
- Represented IQVIA, a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services to the life sciences industry, in private offerings of $1.1 billion and €720 million of senior notes under Rule 144A and Regulation S and listing on Euronext Dublin.
- Represented EMCOR Group, a Fortune 500 mechanical and electrical construction, industrial and energy infrastructure, and building services company, in its acquisition of Batchelor & Kimball, Inc., a full service provider of mechanical construction and maintenance services.
- Represented the underwriters in the $400 million initial public offering of Gores Metropoulos, Inc., a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) formed for the purpose of effecting a business combination with one or more businesses.
- Represented the underwriters in the $50 million public offering of fixed-to-floating rate cumulative redeemable preferred stock by Cherry Hill Mortgage Investment Corporation, a publicly-traded real estate investment trust.
- Represented a leading investment bank, as underwriter, in the $200 million follow-on public offering of common stock by Momenta Pharmaceuticals, a biotechnology company focused on novel therapeutics to treat rare, immune-mediated diseases.
- Represented the initial purchasers in the private offering of $150 million of convertible senior notes under Rule 144A by Karyopharm Therapeutics, a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company.
- Represented JELD-WEN, one of the world’s largest door and window manufacturers, in its $575 million initial public offering and listing on the New York Stock Exchange and subsequent secondary offerings.*
- Represented the lead underwriters in the $300 million initial public offering of Warrior Met Coal, a leading producer and exporter of premium hard coking coal.*
- Represented T-Mobile in its public offering of $2.5 billion of senior notes and concurrent private placement of an additional $2.5 billion of senior notes.*
- Represented leading investment banks, as joint book-running managers, in Warrior Met Coal’s private offering of $350 million of senior secured notes and subsequent tack-on private offering of $125 million of senior secured notes, each under Rule 144A and Regulation S.*
- Represented Viavi Solutions, a global provider of network test, monitoring and assurance solutions, in its private offering of $400 million of convertible senior notes under Rule 144A and concurrent repurchase of common stock.*
- Represented ONEOK, a leading midstream service provider and owner of one of the nation’s premier natural gas liquids systems, in the launch of its at-the-market offering of common stock having an aggregate offering of up to $1.0 billion.*
*Representations completed prior to joining Ropes & Gray.
- JD, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, Columbia Law School, 2015
- BS, University of Michigan, 2012