Dehmeh Smith joined Ropes & Gray in 2021 as an associate in the antitrust practice group. Dehmeh’s practice involves representing clients in all aspects of antitrust matters, including mergers and acquisitions, compliance counseling and investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice, Federal Trade Commission and state antitrust authorities.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Dehmeh worked at another leading global law firm, where he has advised clients in a variety of industries, including transportation, steel manufacturing, construction, telecommunications and technology, and where he successfully guided multiple clients involved in investigations by both federal and state antitrust authorities. While in law school, Dehmeh externed for the Federal Trade Commission, Mergers IV division.
- Represented Verizon Communications in its acquisition of TracFone Wireless.*
- Advised leading global technology firm on contracts and contracting practices with potential partners. *
- Represented Bombardier Inc. in successful acquisition by Alstom SA of Bombardier Transportation.*
- Successfully defended leading global technology firm in investigation by a state attorney general into alleged anticompetitive practices.*
- Represented Cleveland-Cliffs in its successful acquisition of AK Steel.*
- Represented USG in successful acquisition by Gebr. Knauf.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- Co-author, “The Guide to Merger Remedies,” Global Competition Review (August 2018)
- JD, cum laude, University of Notre Dame Law School, 2017
- BA (Economics), Emory University, 2014
Admissions / Qualifications
- District of Columbia, 2017