Elizabeth Julia Smith
Elizabeth Julia Smith is an associate in the business and securities litigation group, where she has practiced since 2009. Elizabeth has a range of experience in complex commercial disputes, antitrust counseling, tax controversies, and securities enforcement matters. She has represented clients in class action lawsuits, as well as appeared on their behalf before governmental agencies. Elizabeth has experience in several industries including health care, transportation, technology, telecommunications, and private investments.
- Counsel to a leading cable company in two pending antitrust litigations involving claims of unlawful tying.
- Counsel to several healthcare clients in multiple matters, including in antitrust litigation over peer review proceedings and in analysis of mergers & acquisitions.
- Counsel to a Fortune 500 company in antitrust litigation involving conspiracy and group boycott allegations.
- Counsel to a major medical device company in connection with SEC insider trading investigation.
- Counsel to large, international investment companies in connection with analysis of contractual indemnification protections.
- Counsel to a technology company in connection with an appeal of an IRS audit.
- Co-author, “The Overturned Visa/MasterCard Settlement: What Does It Mean (If Anything) for the Future,” Bloomberg BNA Class Action Litigation Report (August 25, 2016)