Eric H. Sternlieb
Eric Sternlieb is an associate in the firm’s private equity transactions group, based in Los Angeles. His practice focuses on the representation of public and private companies, including private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, in the negotiation and execution of mergers, acquisitions and other strategic transactions across a range of industries. Eric’s experience includes advising clients on domestic and cross-border leveraged buyouts, carve-outs, dispositions, joint ventures and minority investments. Eric also regularly provides guidance to clients in connection with corporate governance, equity arrangements and other general corporate matters.
Notable transactions in which Eric was involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Represented Nestlé Health Science in its $5.75 billion carve-out acquisition from The Bountiful Company of leading vitamin and nutritional supplement brands, including Nature’s Bounty, Solgar, Osteo Bi-Flex and Puritan’s Pride.
- Represented Nestlé Health Science in its acquisition of a majority interest in Orgain, a leading manufacturer of plant-based nutritional shakes, powders and snacks.
- Represented Nestlé USA, in its acquisition of Essentia Water.
- Represented Leonard Green & Partners in its sale to KKR and the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority of preferred equity interests in Charter Next Generation, a leading producer in specialty films used in flexible packaging applications.
- Represented Brentwood Associates in its preferred minority equity investment in Pacifica Beauty.
- Represented PLBY Group, Inc., owner of the lifestyle company Playboy, in its acquisition of Honey Birdette, a luxury direct-to-consumer lingerie and lifestyle brand.
- Represented Sycamore Partners, as sponsor and majority stockholder, in Belk’s pre-packaged, one-day restructuring.
- Represented Drybar Holdings, a portfolio company of Castanea Partners, in its sale to WellBiz Brands of the exclusive franchisor rights for the Drybar boutique haircare services business.
- Represented Cremo Company, a premium men’s grooming brand, in its sale to Edgewell Personal Care Company.
- Represented Bain Capital Private Equity in its $3.2 billion carve-out acquisition of Diversey Care from Sealed Air.
- Represented ABRY Partners and its portfolio companies in numerous transactions, including its:
- acquisition of Anju Software, a provider of enterprise software for the pharmaceutical and life sciences industries, from Providence Strategic Growth Partners;
- take-private acquisition of OmniComm Systems, a provider of clinical trial data management software for the pharmaceutical industry; and
- sale of HealthSCOPE Benefits, a company offering health insurance claims administration solutions to self-funded employers, to an affiliate of UnitedHealth Group.
- Represented The Carlyle Group in its acquisitions of United Road Services and Fleet Car Carriers, two leading independent providers of third-party finished vehicle transport and logistics services.
- Represented OmniClaim in its sale to Equian, a portfolio company of New Mountain Capital.
- Represented Summit Partners in its sale of Perforce Software to an affiliate of Clearlake Capital Group.
- Represented TZP Group in its investment in Saatva, an e-commerce luxury mattress retailer.
- Represented TZP Group in its sale of Global Employment Solutions to an affiliate of Alvarez & Marsal Capital Partners.
- JD, University of Michigan Law School, 2015; Contributing Editor, Michigan Journal of Private Equity & Venture Capital Law
- BA, with distinction, University of Michigan, 2012
Admissions / Qualifications
- California, 2022
- New York, 2017