Hunter focuses his practice primarily on transactional matters, representing private equity firms and strategic investors in the structuring and negotiation of leveraged buyouts, cross-border transactions, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, joint ventures and other general corporate matters.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in the acquisition of Accela Inc., a provider of a cloud-based platform of solutions for communities from ABRY Partners.
- Represented Groupe Rocher in the acquisition of Arbonne International, a leader in direct selling of botanically based beauty, personal care and nutrition products.
- Represented GHO Capital in its acquisitions of (i) DNA Diagnostics Center and (ii) Caprion Biosciences.
- Represented NFP, a portfolio company of Madison Dearborn Partners,in connection with HPS Investment Partners’ minority equity investment in NFP.
- Represented Baring Private Equity Asia in its acquisition of a minority interest in TELUS International.
- Represented Mitsubishi UFJ Fund Services, a subsidiary of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, in its acquisition of UBS Global Asset Management's Alternative Fund Services business.
- Represented McNally Capital in its acquisition of Dedicated Computing.
- Represented Cressey & Company in its sale of Strategic Healthcare Programs to Roper Industries.
- Represented Madison Dearborn Partners in its acquisition of Multi Packaging Solutions, a leading provider of print-based specialty packaging.
- Represented Madison Dearborn Partners and its portfolio company Multi Packaging Solutions in a merger of equals transaction with Chesapeake Services Limited, a portfolio company of The Carlyle Group, which led to the creation of a combined business with annual sales in excess of $1.4 billion.
- Represented Multi Packaging Solutions in its acquisitions of (i) Integrated Printing Solutions, (ii) Jet Lithocolor, (iii) Chicago Paper Tube & Can Co., (iv) i3 Plastic Cards and (v) the North American and Asian print businesses of AGI-Shorewood Group.
- Represented Kohlberg & Company in its sale of Packaging Dynamics Corporation.
- Represented Accela, Inc., a portfolio company of Berkshire Partners, on the sale of the assets and operations of the company’s Legislative Management business, previously known as IQM2, to cloud-based software provider Granicus.
- Represented Cressey & Company in connection with its acquisition of Unitek Information Systems, a leading provider of healthcare education and IT training.
- Represented Cressey & Company in connection with its acquisition of Strategic Healthcare Programs, a healthcare data analytics business.
- Represented TPG Capital and Fenwal, Inc. in the sale of Fenwal to Fresenius Kabi.
- Co-author, “Hostile bid prevented by confidentiality agreement,” International Law Office (March 16, 2016)
- Co-author, “Damages for breach of contractual obligation to negotiate in good faith,” International Law Office (June 17, 2015)