Irina is a senior attorney in Ropes & Gray’s litigation and enforcement practice group. She focuses her practice on white-collar criminal defense and represents clients in civil and criminal enforcement matters and cross-border internal investigations. Irina focuses on matters involving allegations of corruption, fraud, and money laundering and regularly advises clients on compliance with anti-corruption laws, anti-money laundering laws, and other regulatory issues.
Irina has represented clients in connection with civil and criminal investigations by the Department of Justice (DOJ), the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), the UK Financial Conduct Authority, and other regulators worldwide.
Prior to joining the firm, Irina worked at another global law firm where she focused on cross-border governmental and internal investigations. During her time at a previous law firm, Irina was seconded for nine months to a global conflicts team of a leading investment bank.
Irina maintains an active pro bono practice representing victims of domestic violence and asylum seekers. She has received awards for her pro bono work and currently serves as a member of the Pro Bono Council for Sanctuary for Families.
She has also been elected as a term member to the Council on Foreign Relations.
- Represented a global pharmaceutical company in several internal investigations into alleged corruption, fraud, and related matters in Russia, Moldova, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, and Belarus.*
- Represented a multinational company in connection with parallel DOJ and SEC FCPA investigations, with field work in Russia, Central Asia, Middle East, and South America.*
- Conducted an internal investigation in Central America, Europe and Asia for a publicly traded multinational consumer goods company relating to alleged fraud and corruption.*
- Assisted a multinational energy company in enhancement of its global anti-bribery policies and procedures.*
- Conducted an internal investigation for a multinational client related to discrimination allegations with field work in Kazakhstan, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, and Armenia.*
- Assisted a private equity fund in conducting pre-investment risk-based anti-bribery due diligence on multiple potential portfolio companies across Asia and Central America.*
- Counseled an executive of a major investment bank in an internal investigation matter related to insider trading allegations.*
- Represented several executives of a private equity fund in the SEC investigation, resulting in a favorable settlement.*
*Prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- JD, cum laude, Boston College Law School, 2013; Articles Editor, Boston College Law Review
- BA (Economics and International Studies), Yale University, 2003
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2014
- Massachusetts, 2013