Jacob L. Silberberg
Jacob joined Ropes & Gray in 2012 as an associate practicing in the corporate department. Jacob focuses his practice on structuring and negotiating mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts and financings, and regularly represents leading private equity sponsors and venture capitalists.
In addition, Jacob represents hedge funds to capitalize on complex opportunities in special situations involving distressed debt, real estate, buyouts and joint ventures. He also provides ongoing corporate representation to a range of sponsors and operating companies.
Prior to attending law school Jacob worked as a photojournalist primarily in the Middle East and Africa.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in the sale of Lightower, a leading provider of fiber solutions, to Crown Castle International Corp. for approximately $7.1 billion in cash.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of Masergy, an owner and operator of the largest independent software defined networking platform in the world, delivering hybrid networking, managed security and cloud communications solutions to global enterprises, from ABRY Partners.
- Represented Berkshire Partners, Advent International and Bain Capital in the sale of Skillsoft to Charterhouse Capital Partners.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in its equity investment in Implus Corporation, a provider of various brands of footwear, fitness and recreational accessories.
- Represented Marquee Brands LLC in its acquisition of the Body Glove outdoor sports brand and related intellectual property assets from Body Glove International, LLC.
- Represented a global information technology company on corporate and intellectual property structuring issues related to the separation of the company into an enterprise software services business and a printing and personal systems business, including the creation and structure of a trademark holding company for brands important to both businesses.
- Represented Reebok International Ltd. in its sale of The Rockport Company.
- Represented Webster Capital in connection with its investment in Lifestyle Brands, LLC, the apparel and consumer products division of Margaritaville.
- Represented Constitution Capital Partners, a mid-market private equity fund of funds, in a direct co-investment alongside a private equity sponsor.
- Represented The Strategic Alternatives Special Committee for Market Basket in the $1.5 billion sale of Market Basket, Inc., a chain of discount supermarkets in the northeast.
- Represented Bain Capital in connection with the establishment of a $455 million senior secured credit facility for MEI, Inc.
- Represented Kohlberg & Co. portfolio company Stanadyne Corporation in the sale of its Filtration business to Clarcor Inc. for approximately $325 million, including the payoff and redemption of its 12.00% Senior Discount Notes, its 10.00% Senior Subordinated Notes, its Second-Lien Term Loan, its Ex-Im Bank credit facility and restructuring its credit facility with Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
- Represented Kohlberg & Co. portfolio company Stanadyne Corporation in obtaining a $25 million Second-Lien Term Loan from Jefferies Finance LLC and in restructuring the company’s first lien credit facilities with Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. and Ex-Im Bank.
- Represented H.I.G. Capital in obtaining $345 million of first lien credit facilities and a $120 million second lien facility to fund a dividend recapitalization of its portfolio company Surgery Partners.
- Represented The Hanover Insurance Group in connection with the establishment of a $200 million revolving credit facility.
- Represented Vapotherm, in a $29 million financing led by 3x5 Special Opportunity Fund L.P. and including investors Morgenthaler Venture Partners along with previous investors in the company.
- Represented DFW Capital in its equity investment in Fleetwash, Inc., the nation’s leading provider of mobile truck washing and facility cleaning services.
- Represented DFW Capital Partners and its portfolio company Information Innovators, Inc. in its acquisition of the data center division of Information Communication Solutions, Inc., a federal services contractor.
- Represented Audax Group in its $900 million recapitalization and combination transaction for a diagnostics and laboratory services company with a strategic and a financial partner.
- Co-Author, “Plaintiffs strike out in two recent Delaware appraisal actions,” International Law Office (September 2, 2015)