Jessica L. Soto
Jessica Soto joined the litigation department as an associate in 2012 and is a member of the firm’s government enforcement practice group. Jessica represents clients at all stages of government examinations and investigations, internal investigations, and complex civil litigation. Her clients include domestic and international medical device manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, health care providers, educational institutions, and financial services companies. She has experience with the False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback Statute, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code, state consumer protection statutes, and state fraud and conspiracy laws.
Jessica’s pro bono practice includes representing indigent defendants in federal criminal cases through the firm’s participation in the Criminal Justice Act program and representing human trafficking survivors in federal civil cases. She has also represented non-profits organizations and individuals in voting rights litigation.
During law school, Jessica was an extern at the Queens County District Attorney’s Office, Domestic Violence Bureau and served as a research and teaching assistant for the Bureau Chief, Scott E. Kessler. Prior to attending law school, Jessica was a middle school teacher for three years.
- Represented a medical device manufacturer in federal investigations of compliance with industry regulations.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in state consumer protection investigations related to advertisements.
- Represented a multinational medical device manufacturer in an FCPA investigation by domestic regulators.
- Secured a dismissal with prejudice of a $30 million lawsuit against global venture capital firms.
- Represents healthcare companies in government investigations and qui tam actions alleging violations of FCA and AKS.
- Represents a financial services company in investigations by foreign and domestic regulators.
- Conducts anti-corruption due diligence for private equity clients.
- Conducts anti-corruption risk assessments for financial services clients.