John Saran joined the corporate department at Ropes & Gray LLP in 2015 as an associate practicing with an emphasis on health care transactional and regulatory matters.
He advises health care companies and private equity investors on mergers and acquisitions involving various players in the health care and life science industries, including hospitals and healthcare systems, physician and dental practices, management services organizations, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers, medical device companies, digital health companies and pharmaceutical manufacturer vendors. He focuses on complex management service organization arrangements, provider affiliations and joint ventures.
His regulatory practice involves guiding clients through issues related to federal and state data privacy and security laws, facility licensure and the practice of licensed professions and federal and state fraud and abuse laws. Moreover, he assists clients in the development and implementation of regulatory compliance programs.
- Co-author, “Should Health Orgs Join CMS' Direct Contracting Program?,” Law360 (February 5, 2020)
- Co-author, “Dental Service Organizations Face Unintended Consequences From Government Scrutiny,” The New York Law Journal (August 10, 2015)
- JD, cum laude, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, 2013; executive perspectives editor, Northwestern Journal of Technology and Intellectual Property
- BA (History and Political Science), Northwestern University, 2009
Admissions / Qualifications
- Illinois, 2013
- The Best Lawyers in America – Ones to Watch (2021-2022)