M. Kathryn Seevers
Kathryn Seevers is an associate practicing in the tax & benefits department. She regularly advises investors and private fund managers on the formation and operation of private equity funds, credit funds and hedge funds, and investments therein. Kathryn also represents clients on the federal income tax aspects of acquisitions and dispositions of public and private companies.
Kathryn represents the following clients in fund formation and operation matters:
- ACORE Capital
- CI Capital Partners
- Athyrium Capital Management
- Gridiron Capital Partners BV Investment Partners
- Parthenon Capital Partners Cove Hill Partners
- Altamont Capital Partners
- ArcLight Capital Partners
Fund Investments and Other Matters:
- Represents Makena Capital in connection with hedge fund, private equity and real estate investments.
- Regularly represents sovereign wealth funds in connection with private equity investments.
- Provides ongoing, wide-ranging tax advice to mutual fund complexes, including Cohen & Steers, Jackson National Asset Management, and Brighthouse Funds.
- Represented Shire plc in connection with its $32 billion combination with Baxalta, a business spun out of Baxter International, for a combination of cash and stock.
- Represented TPG in its $8 billion sale of Par Pharmaceutical to Dublin-based global specialty pharmaceutical company Endo International plc, for a combination of cash and stock.
- Represented Shire plc in its acquisition of Dyax Corp. for $5.9 billion and contingent value rights.
- JD, Harvard Law School, 2013; senior technical editor, Harvard Law and Policy Review
- BA (Politics & Government), cum laude, Ohio Wesleyan University, 2010