M. Kathryn Seevers
Kathryn Seevers is counsel in the tax practice. She regularly advises investors and private fund managers on the formation and operation of private equity funds, credit funds and real estate funds, and investments therein. Kathryn also counsels asset managers on a wide range of transactional tax matters, with a particular focus on complex real estate transactions, including the formation and operation of public and private, equity and debt REITs.
Kathryn represents clients in fund formation and operation matters, including:
- Bain Capital
- ACORE Capital
- BV Investment Partners
- Parthenon Capital Partners
- Cove Hill Partners
- Altamont Capital Partners
- ArcLight Capital Partners
- Riata Capital Group
- Equality Asset Management
Real Estate, Transactional and Other Matters include:
- Advises the real estate and private equity investment groups of a major institution on the formation of fund structures and LP investments in private equity and real estate.
- Advises U.S. and non-U.S. private pensions, sovereign wealth funds and alternative investment managers with respect to investments in real estate assets, joint ventures and private investment funds.
- Represented Shire plc in connection with its $32 billion combination with Baxalta, a business spun out of Baxter International, for a combination of cash and stock.
- Represented TPG in its $8 billion sale of Par Pharmaceutical to Dublin-based global specialty pharmaceutical company Endo International plc, for a combination of cash and stock.
- Represented Shire plc in its acquisition of Dyax Corp. for $5.9 billion and contingent value rights.
- JD, Harvard Law School, 2013; senior technical editor, Harvard Law and Policy Review
- BA (Politics & Government), cum laude, Ohio Wesleyan University, 2010
Admissions / Qualifications
- District of Columbia, 2018
- Massachusetts, 2014