Laura J. Steinke
Laura joined Ropes & Gray in 2015 and is a partner in the corporate department. Laura focuses on representing private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in the structuring and negotiation of leveraged buyouts, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic investments and dispositions, as well as general corporate matters.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Laura practiced for several years in the New York office of a leading U.S. firm and in the Sydney office of a top Australian firm.
- Represented Surgery Partners, Inc., a leading publicly-held healthcare services company, in its acquisition of National Surgical Healthcare, an owner and operator of surgical facilities in partnership with local physicians, from Irving Place Capital, and its related issuance of new preferred stock to Bain Capital.
- Represented Bain Capital in its strategic investment in Navicure, and Bain Capital and Navicure in a definitive agreement to unite with ZirMed, with the combined company to provide hospitals, health systems, and ambulatory services organizations with a comprehensive suite of medical claims management, patient payment and data analytics solutions.
- Represented CCMP Capital Advisors, LP and a consortium of buyers in their acquisition of Hayward Industries, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of residential and commercial pool equipment.
- Represented SquareTrade, a consumer protection plan provider with shareholders including Bain Capital Private Equity and Bain Capital Ventures, in its $1.4 billion acquisition by The Allstate Corporation.
- Represented Thomas H. Lee Partners in its acquisition of CSafe, a global provider of a full line of cold chain packaging solutions and actively controlled mobile refrigeration units for life sciences, healthcare, military and disaster relief applications, from Altaris Capital.
- Represented Partners Group and Avista Capital Partners on the sale of Strategic Partners, a provider of medical scrubs and other uniforms, to New Mountain Capital.
- Represented Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe in its acquisition of InnovAge, a provider of senior care programs and services.
- Represented Kohlberg & Company in its sale of Pittsburgh Glass Works, an automotive glass and services business, to LKQ Corporation.
- Represented Lytx, Inc., a provider of video telematics for purposes of driver safety, in its sale to GTCR.
- Represented Thomas H. Lee Partners in its acquisition of Healthcare Staffing Services, a healthcare staffing firm, from Altaris Capital.
- Co-author, “Delaware Chancery Court confirms continued applicability of MFW standard,” International Law Office Corporate Finance/M&A Newsletter (June 7, 2017)