Laura J. Steinke
Laura is a partner in the private equity transactions group. Laura focuses on representing private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in the structuring and negotiation of leveraged buyouts, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic investments and dispositions, as well as general corporate matters.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Laura practiced for several years in the New York office of a leading U.S. firm and in the Sydney office of a top Australian firm.
- Bain Capital in the creation of Cerevel Therapeutics with Pfizer, Inc., and the subsequent business combination between Cerevel, a company dedicated to unraveling the mysteries of the brain to treat neuroscience diseases, and ARYA Sciences, a special purpose acquisition company sponsored by Perceptive Advisors.
- Bain Capital and its portfolio company, Waystar, a leading cloud-based provider of revenue cycle technology used by healthcare providers, in connection with its sale of a majority interest in Waystar to EQT and CPPIB.
- CCMP Capital Advisors, LP and a consortium of buyers in their acquisition of BGIS, an integrated facilities management company.
- Bain Capital in its acquisition of U.S. Renal Care, Inc., a leading provider of dialysis services for patients suffering from end-stage renal disease.
- CCMP Capital and its portfolio company, The Hillman Group, Inc., a provider of complete hardware solutions, in its acquisition of Big Time Products.
- Surgery Partners, Inc., a leading publicly-held healthcare services company, in its acquisition of National Surgical Healthcare, an owner and operator of surgical facilities in partnership with local physicians, from Irving Place Capital, and its related issuance of new preferred stock to Bain Capital.
- Bain Capital in its strategic investment in Navicure, and Bain Capital and Navicure in a definitive agreement to unite with ZirMed, with the combined company to provide hospitals, health systems, and ambulatory services organizations with a comprehensive suite of medical claims management, patient payment and data analytics solutions.
- CCMP Capital Advisors, LP and a consortium of buyers in their acquisition of Hayward Industries, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of residential and commercial pool equipment.
- Featured, “Insiders say these 8 deal lawyers are who big private equity firms are counting on to help figure out how to put mountains of cash to work,” Business Insider (December 6, 2019)
- Co-author, “Delaware Chancery Court confirms continued applicability of MFW standard,” International Law Office Corporate Finance/M&A Newsletter (June 7, 2017)
- LLB, First Class Honors, The University of Queensland, 2007
- BSc (Molecular Cell Biology), The University of Queensland, 2007
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2013
- IFLR1000 (2020)