Matthew Sadofsky joined the capital markets group of Ropes & Gray in 2021. Prior to joining the firm, Matthew practiced law in the capital markets groups of other prominent New York law firms. Matthew concentrates his practice on corporate finance and capital markets transactions, including the representation of issuers and underwriters in domestic and international public offerings and private placements such as initial public offerings, follow-on and secondary equity offerings, high-yield, investment grade and convertible debt offerings, acquisition financings, debt tender offers and consent solicitations, and related private equity transactions. Additionally, Matthew advises public company issuers on corporate governance matters, compliance with securities laws, stock exchange rules and general corporate matters.
- Represented the initial purchasers in connection with Blackstone Private Credit Fund BDC £250 million private offering, which is the inaugural British Pound offering for a BDC.
- Represented the underwriters in connection with Trinity Capital Inc.’s public offering of 2,754,840 shares of common stock and in its $50 million tack-on registered debt offering.
- Represented Raymond James, as lead underwriter, in connection with Granite Point Mortgage Trust REIT $100 million offering of shares if its Series A Fixed to Floating Cumulative Stock.
- Represented Jefferies Inc., as sales agent, in connection with $150 million at the market (ATM) offering for Trinity Capital Inc.
- Represented the initial purchasers in connection with Blackstone Private Credit Fund BDC $1.5 billion, three and five year senior notes offering.
- Represented the underwriters in connection with Blackstone Secured Lending Fund BDC $250 million initial public offering, as well as a $650 million investment grade bond offering.
- Represented the underwriters in connection with Runway Growth Finance Corp. BDC $110 million initial public offering.
- Represented the initial purchasers in connection with Blackstone Private Credit Fund BDC €500 million offering, which is the inaugural Eurobond offering for a BDC.
- Represented the initial purchasers in connection with Blackstone Private Credit Fund BDC inaugural $1.65 billion, two tranche, senior notes offering, including tack-on offering of five year senior notes.
- Represented the sales agents in connection with $150 million at the market (ATM) offering and the placement agent in a $100 million registered direct equity offering for Seres Therapeutics.
- Represented the initial purchasers in connection with Blackstone Secured Lending Fund BDC $750 million senior notes offering by Blackstone BDC.
- Represented Waters Corporation on securities law, governance and other corporate matters.
- Represented Spanish Broadcast System in connection with its $300 million high yield senior secured notes offering and related capital restructuring.*
- Advised a syndicate of lenders on $600 million acquisition financing of Alliance Holdings.*
- Represented the lead underwriters in numerous primary and secondary stock offerings aggregating to over $2.0 billion by Clarivate Plc and certain of its shareholders.*
- Represented the lead underwriters in connection with Main Street Capital’s (BDC) $500 million senior notes offering.*
- Advised a syndicate of lenders on $700 million acquisition financing of People Corporation, a Canadian public company.*
- Represented Forbes Energy Services Ltd. in connection with its rights offering of $55.0 million Subordinated Convertible PIK Notes.*
- Represented Braemar Hotels & Resorts Inc. (REIT) in connection with its public offering of Series D Cumulative Preferred Stock.*
- Represented Howard Hughes Corporation in its secondary offering of $330 million shares of common stock by Pershing Square.*
- Represented Howard Hughes Corporation in its $750 million high yield senior notes offering.*
- Represented Hydro One Inc. in its $1.8 billion initial public offering.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- JD, summa cum laude, New York Law School, 2006; Note Editor, New York Law School Law Review
- BS (Communications), Boston University, 1998; Dean’s List
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2007