Max Silverstein is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s finance group, based in New York. Max focuses his practice on direct lending, special situations transactions and workouts, restructurings and insolvency matters. Max has also represented private equity sponsors, portfolio companies and corporate borrowers in a broad range of leveraged finance transactions, including acquisition financings, leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations and asset-based credit facilities.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Max was a finance associate in the New York office of another international law firm.
- A direct lender in connection with its loan and warrant package for a digital mobile advertising company.
- A direct lender in connection with its loan and warrant package for a digital insurance brokerage business.
- Represented VIP Cinema Holdings, Inc. and certain of its affiliates (“VIP”), a multinational enterprise that is one of the largest manufacturers, and a pioneer, of luxury seating products for movie theaters, in its prepackaged Chapter 11 case in Delaware. In connection with its restructuring, VIP reached agreements with its first lien and second lien lenders, and its private equity sponsor, prior to filing the Chapter 11 case to deleverage its balance sheet by approximately $178 million.
- Tronox Limited: Represented Tronox Limited in connection with a $2.15 billion term loan; $550 million asset-based revolving credit facility; $450 million 5.75% Senior Notes due 2025; $1.5 billion global term loan; $300 million global ABL; $900 million bond offering; $100 million Rand-denominated working capital facility, $615 million 6.5% Senior Notes due 2026.*
- Claire’s Stores: Represented ad hoc group of creditors in chapter 11 cases filed in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware. The ad hoc group sponsored a chapter 11 plan of reorganization that eliminated approximately $1.9 billion of debt from the company’s balance sheet and provided the company with $575 million in new capital.*
- Investcorp: Represented Investcorp in the financing for its acquisition of Revature.*
- FFL Capital Partners: Represented FFL Capital Partners in its financing for its acquisition of Summit Behavioral Health.*
- Rolls-Royce: Represented institutional investors in connection with senior secured notes issued by an affiliate of Rolls-Royce plc.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- JD, Columbia Law School, 2016; Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Master of Arts (Teaching), Relay Graduate School of Education, 2013
- BS, Pennsylvania State University, 2011