Melanie Shone joined Ropes and Gray in 2016 as an associate in the tax and benefits group, working on a range of UK corporate and international tax matters, including fund formation, private equity, M&A, restructuring, real estate, financing and general advisory matters.
Melanie’s practice includes acting for asset managers, institutional investors (including Sovereign wealth and pension funds), financial institutions and large multinationals. Melanie holds a first class law degree from the University of London.
- Acting for the founder sellers on their sale of the Cathelco Group to the Bridgepoint-backed Evac Group
- Acting for Reed Mackay, an international travel management company, on its acquisition of Hillgate Travel
- Acting for Telenet Finance Luxembourg Notes S.À r.l. on its offering of €600 million 3.5% senior secured notes due 2028 and US$1 billion 5.5% senior secured notes due 2028 to refinance certain existing term loan facilities
- Acting for Hellman & Friedman and GIC with respect to the financing arrangements for their acquisition of Allfunds Bank S.A., with a deal value of approximately €1.8 billion. The financing arrangements included the offering of €575 million senior secured PIK notes due 2024, the first ever high yield bond issuance by a standalone fund distribution platform business
- Acting for Ensono, a leading hybrid IT services provider, on its acquisition of Inframon, a specialist cloud service provider
- Acting for Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank and Nordea in connection with the €1.45 billion financing of Nordic Capital’s acquisition of a majority stake in Norway-based Lindorff, one of Europe’s leading providers of debt related administrative services
- Acting for TPG Capital, and its portfolio company Beaver-Visitec, in connection with the acquisition of Malosa Medical, a UK-based medical devices company
- Acting for Metalmark Capital on its acquisition of Premier Research
- Acting for KKR Credit Advisors on its €200m private unitranche financing for Dentix Health Corporation
- Acting for Pfizer on its acquisition of AstraZeneca’s late-stage small molecule anti-infective business
- Acting for KKR Credit Advisors in connection with the private unitranche financing in support of PAI Partners’ acquisition of holiday park operator Roompot BV
- Dutch pension fund APG on its acquisition of a 75 per cent. interest in a joint venture with TH Real Estate, with a combined equity commitment of c.£800 million, to develop the £1 billion 1.7 million sq.ft. St James Centre in Edinburgh, one of the UK’s largest private regeneration projects. Edinburgh St James will comprise 850,000 sq. ft. of retail space, anchored by John Lewis, a 30-screen cinema, a world class W Hotel comprising 214 rooms, up to 250 private apartments, 20 restaurants and 1,600 car parking spaces