Michael J. Sharon
Michael joined Ropes & Gray in 2007 as a senior attorney in the firm’s corporate department, and practices primarily in the private equity, private investment funds and hedge funds groups. Prior to joining the firm, Michael was for 12 years an in-house attorney for a multi-billion-dollar, diversified, transaction-oriented corporation, where his experience included acting as lead internal counsel on acquisitions and dispositions of a wide variety of business units, in addition to providing general corporate advice and litigation management.
- Leadership and direction of due diligence teams on behalf of various private equity clients.
- Secondary sales and acquisitions of investment interests on behalf of university endowments, foundations, funds of funds and other institutional investors.
- Distressed debt and bankruptcy claims trading on behalf of hedge funds and other institutional investors.
- JD, Stanford Law School, 1984
- BA, summa cum laude, Tufts University, 1981; Phi Beta Kappa