Michael D. Spera
Michael Spera joined Ropes & Gray in 2013 as an associate practicing in the corporate department. Michael advises public and private companies in the life sciences space primarily on mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, SEC compliance, public and private securities offerings and corporate governance matters.
During law school, Michael served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Norman H. Stahl of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit. Michael also served as a law clerk in the legal department of Rady Children’s Hospital – San Diego.
- Represented Symmetry Surgical, a leading provider of surgical instrumentation and specialty devices, in its take-private acquisition by RoundTable Healthcare Partners.
- Represented a public pharmaceutical company in a series of divestitures of its Canadian and Japanese rights to a pain management drug franchise.
- Represented a public medical device company in its divestiture of its vertebral augmentation business.
- Represented a private pharmaceutical company in its acquisition of pre-clinical assets.
- Represented a public international air cargo services company in its all-cash acquisition of a private air cargo services company.
- Represented underwriters, led by Goldman Sachs and Citi, in the IPO of Dimension Therapeutics.
- Represented Trinseo, a leading global materials company engaged in the manufacture and marketing of emulsion polymers and plastics and a portfolio company of Bain Capital, in its IPO.
- Represented the parent company of Michaels Stores, the leading arts and crafts retailer in North America and a portfolio company of Bain Capital and the Blackstone Group, in its IPO.
- Seconded to a family office with affiliated funds focused on investment in life sciences.