Nathalia Sosa joined Ropes & Gray’s Litigation and Enforcement practice group in 2019, where she focuses on government enforcement, internal investigations, and anti-corruption matters. As a native Spanish speaker, Nathalia assists multinational companies in developing and enhancing their compliance programs, including for operations in Spanish-speaking jurisdictions. She also handles Foreign Corrupt Practices Act internal investigations, and is responsible for performing anti-corruption, anti-money laundering and sanctions due diligence and risk analyses in high-risk jurisdictions globally. Since joining Ropes & Gray, Nathalia has assisted corporate and individual clients in investigations and inquiries by DOJ, SEC, FINRA and other European authorities.
Nathalia also maintains an active pro bono practice, advocating for immigrant and children’s rights. In 2019, she was awarded the Ropes & Gray Roscoe Trimmier Jr. Diversity Scholarship.
During law school, Nathalia interned at the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Maryland, where she assisted prosecutors in the Fraud and Public Corruption Section. Nathalia also worked as a student attorney for the International Women’s Human Rights Clinic, where she travelled to Uganda to conduct interviews and draft proposed legislation to address gaps in children’s education and health rights. Nathalia served as alumni chair for the Latin American Law Students Association.
- Regularly conducts pre-acquisition anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, economic sanctions, and export controls compliance due diligence in English and Spanish for large private equity firms and their portfolio companies operating in high-risk jurisdictions globally.
- Completed comprehensive anti-corruption/anti-bribery risk assessment of an international transportation network company’s Mexico operations.
- Assisting private equity firms with internal investigations in connection with whistleblower complaints, allegations of accounting fraud, and violations of company policy in Spain.
- Conducted internal investigation of a major South American airline for potential violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Assisted major pharmaceutical company in investigation by the U.S. Attorney’s Office into allegations of violations of the False Claims Act and Anti-Kickback Statute, including in connection with investigative subpoenas.
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 2019
- BA, magna cum laude, Florida State University, 2015; Phi Beta Kappa