Nathan Sekhar is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s litigation and enforcement practice group in London. Nathan focuses his practice on civil and criminal government enforcement matters and internal investigations for a wide range of clients in the life sciences, consumer goods and financial services industries.
Nathan advises clients on compliance with anti-bribery/anti-corruption laws, anti-money laundering laws, trade compliance and other regulatory issues. He regularly assists clients with government enforcement investigations, internal investigations, compliance audits and risk assessments, as well as helping clients conduct transactional due diligence and devise post-investment compliance integration plans.
Nathan trained at the firm’s London office and gained experience in the private equity, finance, antitrust, litigation & enforcement teams.
- Represented an international pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturer in numerous investigations into alleged violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the UK Bribery Act in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.
- Represented a company and its directors in a Competition and Markets Authority investigation into suspected anti-competitive arrangements in the supply of construction services.
- Represented a senior executive in a multi-jurisdictional investigation by HMRC into corruption and bribery allegations.
- Conducted an investigation on behalf of an international pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturer into alleged antitrust violations in Asia.
- Conducted an investigation on behalf of a leading global investment management conglomerate into allegations of market abuse and conflicts of interest.
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LPC, Distinction, BPP Law School, 2019
- LLB, University College London, 2018; Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition (2017)
Admissions / Qualifications
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2021