Nick is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s private equity real estate team. He advises investors on UK and European private equity real estate deals across the risk spectrum for real estate funds, pension funds, family offices and operating partners. Nick advises on joint ventures, direct and indirect acquisitions and financings, disposals, real estate M&A, restructurings and development financings.
Nick has experience across various types of real estate assets and businesses including offices, industrial, retail and leisure.
Recent Experience Includes Advising:
- A South African Investor on a series of central London office acquisitions and financings totalling c.£250 million including the acquisition and financing of One Bartholomew Lane in the City of London
- A US Opportunity Fund with over $27 billion of assets under management on its UK and European real estate acquisitions and investments including domestic and cross-border joint ventures
- A variety of Private Equity Funds in connection with the real estate aspects of PE acquisitions and dispositions, including structuring and negotiation of occupancy leases, acquisition and disposition agreements
- Private investment clients on master repurchase facilities to finance commercial real estate loans, as well as on the financing of individual loans under the various repurchase facilities
- Epiris on the acquisition of The Club Company, the UK’s leading country club operator, from a company affiliated with Lone Star Funds
- Epiris on the acquisition of Bonhams, the global auction house, from private shareholders
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- MA (LPC with Business), Distinction, BBP Law School, London, 2016; Received award for “Highest Performing Professional”
- LPC, Distinction, BPP Law School, 2015; Founded and was Student Director for Tribunal Friends
- LLB, First Class Honours, BBP Law School, London, 2014