Nick Steynberg is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s real estate investments and transactions group in London. He trained at the firm’s London office and gained experience in the banking finance, private investment funds and real estate groups. During his training contract Nick spent six months on client secondment at Liberty Global’s Hammersmith office working with the in-house real estate, commercial contracts, corporate and finance teams as well as assisting the Virgin Media real estate department. Nick advises on a variety of real estate matters including landlord and tenant, single asset, portfolio and corporate acquisitions and disposals, and real estate finance transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, Nick completed a master’s degree in Law and Business and received the award for the “Highest Performing Professional.” At law school he co-founded and was the Student Director for Tribunal Friends, a pro bono project assisting claimants in employment disputes.
Notable transactions in which Nick has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Epiris on its acquisition of The Club Company, the UK's leading country club operator, from a company affiliated with Lone Star Funds.
- Epiris on the acquisition of Bonhams, the global auction house, from private shareholders.
- Liberty Global, Virgin Media and Pulsant Limited on a range of estate management matters including landlord and tenant consents, intra-group transfers and reorganisations.
- Liberty Global plc on various term loan refinancings for Telenet, UPC, Virgin Media and VTR.
- Nordic Capital on the formation of Nordic Capital IX (€4.3 billion).