Paul J. (PJ) Sullivan
PJ Sullivan focuses his practice on representing private equity firms and strategic investors in the structuring and negotiation of mergers and acquisitions, minority investments and divestitures across a broad range of industries, including consumer products, retail, health care and asset management. PJ also regularly advises private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies on corporate governance, compliance and general operational matters.
During law school, PJ worked in the legal department of the Boston Red Sox and in the Public Corruption and Special Prosecutions Unit of the U.S. Attorneys Office in the District of Massachusetts. A former All-American swimmer at the University of Virginia, PJ remains actively involved in the swimming community and sits on the USA Swimming National Board of Review.
- Represented Advent International Corporation in its acquisition of a majority stake in Ansira Partners, a leading provider of technology-enabled marketing solutions, from KRG Capital Partners, and Ansira Partner’s acquisition of Local Biz Now, an all-in-one local digital marketing platform.
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners in its acquisition of Backcountry.com, one of the largest online specialty retailers of outdoor gear and apparel.
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners in its sale of Paige Denim, a premium denim brand, to Lion Capital.
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners in its acquisition of Lucky Vitamin, an industry-leading e-commerce retailer of natural and organic wellness products, from GNC.
- Represented Charlesbank Capital in its acquisition of HDT Global, a provider of solutions aimed at creating and controlling environmental conditions to protect equipment and personnel, and HDT Global’s acquisitions of DHS Systems, a provider of rapidly deployable expeditionary equipment, and DRS Environmental Systems, a manufacturer of rugged and transportable mobile enclosures, environmental control units, power generators and other ground support systems.
- Represented State Street Corporation in the sale of State Street’s joint venture interest in Boston Financial Data Services, Inc. (“BFDS”) and International Financial Data Services Limited (“IFDS”) to DST Systems, Inc. for $333 million.
- Represented State Street Corporation in its acquisition of GE Asset Management, a global asset manager with more than $110 billion in assets under management, from General Electric Company.
- Represented Gelson’s Markets, an operator of specialty grocery stores in Southern California and a TPG Capital portfolio company, in its acquisition of certain Haggen, Inc. grocery stores as part of a Chapter 11 bankruptcy sale.
- Represented Thomas H. Lee Partners in its acquisition of Curo Health Services, a hospice care provider.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of Catalina Marketing, a provider of consumer-driven media solutions to CPG manufacturers and retailers, and Catalina Marketing in its acquisition of Cellfire, Inc., a developer of mobile-based coupon software.