Peter E. Scherer
Peter (Pete) Scherer is counsel practicing in the real estate investments & transactions group. Pete represents private equity clients, endowments, sovereign wealth funds, hedge funds and other financial institutions in a wide variety of commercial real estate matters including acquisitions and dispositions, financings and the formation of joint ventures for real estate investments.
- Sovereign wealth fund as lead investor a 4.5 billion recapitalization of a leading operator of data centers in North America.
- Sovereign wealth fund in a $1.5 billion dollar timber joint venture to invest in timber assets throughout the world.
- Institutional investor in a multi-party club joint venture to invest in luxury retail through a bespoke, tiered and cross-boarder holding structure.
- Harvard Management Company, the investment adviser for the Harvard University endowment, in evaluating, negotiating and structuring real estate, timber and natural resource investments through joint ventures, funds, co-investment and management arrangements with international, national, regional and local sponsors, operators and managers.
- One of the nation’s oldest and largest investment funds, with over $27 billion of assets under management, in the disposition of a $270 million portfolio of mixed-use multifamily housing throughout the Midwest
- Netrality Properties in a $61 million financing of the acquisition of two data centers in St. Louis, Missouri
- One of the nation’s oldest and largest investment funds, with over $27 billion of assets under management, in the negotiation of a joint venture to recapitalize and develop an approximately $220 million mixed-use life style center in the Cleveland, Ohio metropolitan area
- The Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan in the negotiation of a $55 million cross border joint venture to acquire multi-tenant properties in Florida
- TPG Special Situations Partners in the negotiation of a joint venture to acquire a $235 million portfolio of distressed commercial real estate loans
- TPG Special Situations Partners in the acquisition of a $104 million portfolio of distressed commercial real estate loans
- MetLife in a $310 million commercial real estate loan origination
- JD, magna cum laude, University of Michigan Law School, 2013; Order of the Coif
- BA (Sociology), cum laude, Kenyon College, 2008
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2013
- The Best Lawyers in America – Ones to Watch (2023)