Raxit P. Shah
Raxit is primarily a deal lawyer who focuses his practice on mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and general corporate matters. He has experience advising private equity firms, strategic investors and public and private companies with transactions in the technology, healthcare, energy, education, retail and insurance industries.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray in 2019, Raxit was a mergers and acquisitions associate in the Chicago office of another leading global law firm. During law school, Raxit interned for the Director of the Enforcement Division at the US Securities and Exchange Commission. Raxit also remains active in pro bono immigration asylum representations.
- Represented Marathon Petroleum Corp. in connection with its $23.3 billion acquisition and related financing of Andeavor to create a leading midstream company at a total enterprise value of $35.6 billion.*
- Represented Follett School Solutions, Inc. in its acquisition of a company with a post-secondary readiness solution through a cloud-based platform.*
- Represented a portfolio company in its acquisitions within the financial and insurance industries.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- Author, “Staying the Course with Broker-dealer Registration: The SEC’s Impending Regulation of Crowdfunding Portals Established by the JOBS Act,” 40 J. Corp. L. 275 (2014)
- JD, with Distinction and Service Honors, University of Iowa College of Law, 2015; Contributing Editor, Journal of Corporation Law; Best Brief Award and Semifinalist, Kaufman Memorial Corporate Moot Court Competition
- BA (Political Science), with Honors, Washington University in St. Louis, 2012