Raxit P. Shah
Raxit is primarily a deal lawyer who focuses his practice on mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and other strategic transactions. As part of his practice, Raxit also advises clients and their portfolio companies on general corporate and operational matters. He has experience advising private equity firms, strategic investors and public and private companies with transactions in the healthcare, technology, retail and education industries among others.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray in 2019, Raxit was a mergers and acquisitions associate in the Chicago office of another leading global law firm. During law school, Raxit interned for the Director of the Enforcement Division at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Raxit also has experience in pro bono immigration asylum representations.
- Represented GHO Capital in its acquisition of
- X-Chem, Inc., a leading provider of DNA-Encoded Library based discovery services to biopharma partners, from an affiliate of the Carlyle Group and Hellman & Friedman LLC
- Two Labs LLC, a strategic consulting and commercialization provider to the biopharma industry, from Excellere Partners, and the subsequent combination of Two Labs LLC with Envision Pharma Group
- Represented McNally Capital in connection with its
- investment in Altamira Technologies, a provider of mission-focused analytics and engineering solutions to the U.S. national security community
- sale of Genesys Aerosystems, a leading provider of integrated avionics systems for military and civil operators, to Moog Inc.
- Represented Gauge Capital in its acquisition of America’s Job Exchange, a leading provider of diversity recruitment and OFCCP compliance technology solutions.
- Represented Lakeview Capital in its acquisition of The Mochi Ice Cream Company, the largest branded manufacturer of mochi ice cream in North America, from Century Park Capital Partners.
- Represented Maverick Capital in the sale of its equity interest in FreshDirect, a leading online fresh food grocer, to Ahold Delhaize and Centerbridge Partners.
- Represented Marathon Petroleum Corp. in connection with its $23.3 billion acquisition and related financing of Andeavor to create a leading midstream company at a total enterprise value of $35.6 billion.*
- Represented Follett School Solutions, Inc. in its acquisition of a company with a post-secondary readiness solution through a cloud-based platform.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- Author, “Staying the Course with Broker-dealer Registration: The SEC’s Impending Regulation of Crowdfunding Portals Established by the JOBS Act,” 40 J. Corp. L. 275 (2014)
- JD, with Distinction and Service Honors, University of Iowa College of Law, 2015; Contributing Editor, Journal of Corporation Law; Best Brief Award and Semifinalist, Kaufman Memorial Corporate Moot Court Competition
- BA (Political Science), with Honors, Washington University in St. Louis, 2012
Admissions / Qualifications
- Illinois, 2017