William I. Sussman
For over 30 years, Bill represented private equity and corporate clients, and their partners, officers and directors, in M&A and corporate governance disputes, antitrust matters, and complex business tort and contract disputes. Bill worked closely with his partners in the Corporate Department, advising on significant client transactions, and handling related litigation. Bill also counseled clients in connection with product liability issues; for a number of years Bill was head of the group that coordinated defense of all product liability-related matters in the United States for a multinational vehicle manufacturer.
Bill was co-chair of Ropes & Gray’s Pro Bono Committee, and was active in pro bono representations.
- Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe. Acted as lead counsel for this private equity firm’s litigation matters.
- Global Knowledge Network. Acted as lead counsel for this leading IT training company’s litigation matters.
- Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse. Acted as lead counsel in pro bono Freedom of Information Act case against U.S. Department of Justice, seeking access to Civil Division CASES database.
- Aptalis Pharma. Successfully represented Aptalis Pharma in complex breach of contract litigation involving long-term supply agreement.
- Owens Corning. Successfully represented Owens Corning in Robinson-Patman Act case brought by insulation installation company.