Sam Tansley joined Ropes & Gray in 2022 as a law clerk in the firm’s capital markets and governance group. His work focuses on assisting issuers, sponsors and underwriters in public and private capital market transactions, mergers and acquisitions, securities law compliance and other general corporate law matters.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Sam worked as an associate in the Melbourne, Australia office of another leading global law firm, where he advised clients on a variety of equity capital markets and M&A transactions. During law school, Sam was a member of the Melbourne University Law Review and tutored in Constitutional Law.
- Represented SILK Laser Australia Ltd (ASX: SLA) in connection with its 2020 IPO and 2021 follow on offering.*
- Represented Carbon Revolution Ltd (ASX: CBR) in connection with its 2019 pre-IPO issue of convertible notes, its 2019 IPO and its 2021 equity raising.*
- Advised the underwriters in connection with two equity raisings by Pointsbet Holdings Ltd (ASX: PBH) in 2020 and 2021.*
- Represented Doctor Care Anywhere Group PLC (ASX: DOC) in connection with its pre-IPO issue of convertible notes in 2020 and its acquisition of GP2U Telehealth Pty Ltd in 2021.*
- Assisted the team that advised the vendors in relation to Woolworth’s acquisition of a 65% interest in PFD Food Services.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- JD, University of Melbourne, 2017
- Bachelor of Environments (Property), University of Melbourne, 2014
Admissions / Qualifications
- Victoria, Australia, 2019
- High Court of Australia, 2019