Sophisticated investors, large corporations and financial institutions worldwide turn to Elizabeth Todd for trusted counsel on their most critical business matters. With more than a decade of experience advising on cross-border and UK transactions—including private and public M&A, co-investments, joint ventures and direct investments—and general corporate matters, Elizabeth offers clients deep insight into market terms as well as a nuanced understanding of business trends across industries.
A partner in Ropes & Gray’s London office, Elizabeth regularly advises some of the largest global private capital investors, including private equity sponsors (and their portfolio companies), special situations funds, asset managers, sovereign wealth funds and family offices. She also counsels major international companies and financial institutions on a range of transactions and internal corporate activities.
Clients value Elizabeth’s responsiveness and her commercially minded approach to helping them achieve their business objectives. A self-described “numbers geek,” Elizabeth also brings value to her clients with her command of the financial and accounting aspects of a transaction.
In 2018, Elizabeth was featured by Legal Week as a “Rising Star” of the private equity legal industry.
- Advised Integrated Media Company (IMC), a TPG platform dedicated to the new media ecosystem, on the acquisition of a majority stake in Goal from the DAZN Group
- Acting for Partners Group on multiple secondaries transactions
- Advised the Asset Management & Investor Services Divisions of Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation on its acquisition of Point Nine Limited
- Advising Therium Capital Management in relation to certain investments in the legal services sector
- Advised Alibaba Group on its strategic partnership with Richemont and its joint venture with YOOX Net-A-Porter Group
- Advising Fortress Investment Corporation in relation to certain investments in the professional services sector
- Acting for TSG Consumer Partners on:
- its acquisition of a minority stake in Revolution Beauty; and
- its acquisition of a minority stake in BrewDog, a Scottish craft beer
- Acting for Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe, a leading health care investment firm, in its acquisition of Abzena plc, a Cambridge, UK-based biopharmaceutical services company
- Acting for CDC Group, the UK’s development finance institution and the world’s oldest DFI, on its investment in M‐Kopa, a leading provider of off‐grid solar energy in East Africa
- Acting for Baring Private Equity Asia:
- on its and PAI Partners’ acquisition of World Freight Company International, the global leader in the General Sales and Service Agent market
- on its purchase of approximately 18.85 million NIIT Technologies Limited shares—approximately 30% shareholding on a fully diluted basis in NIIT Technologies—from NIIT Limited and other promoter entities at a price of INR 1394 per share; and
- on its US$1.8 billion sale, alongside the Shanghai-based Bright Food Group, of British breakfast cereal brand Weetabix to U.S.-based cereal company, Post Holdings
- Advised a private fund with over $25 billion of assets under management, on the purchase and sale of various equity and real estate investments across Europe, including domestic and cross-border joint ventures often involving complex structures.
- Acting for Codman Neuro – an affiliated company of Johnson & Johnson - on its acquisition of Irish stroke care company Neuravi Limited
- Acting for Cathexis on its hostile takeover of ISG
- Acting for Ensono, a leading hybrid IT services provider on the:
- acquisition of leading UK-based hybrid IT services provider Attenda;
- acquisition of Inframon, a UK-based cloud transformation company; and
- reorganization of certain aspects of its UK business.
- Acting for Intermediate Capital Group on the US$5.3billion consortium buyout of Visma, Europe's largest ever software buyout
- Acting for Macquarie Capital in relation to Liberty Hall Capital Partners’ US$135 million acquisition of Dunlop Aircraft Tyres Ltd.
- Acting for Nordic Capital on equity investment matters related to the acquisition of eResearchTechnology (ERT)
- Acting for Smedvig Capital Limited in the sale of Tuskerdirect Limited to ECI Partners LLP
- Represented Marquee Brands LLC in its acquisition of British men’s clothing brand Ben Sherman and its related intellectual property assets from Oxford Industries, Inc.
- Represented Bain Capital in its acquisition of TI Automotive for $2.4 billion
- Represented Charlesbank Capital Partners in its acquisition of Six Degrees Group
- Acting for Avenue Capital on its equity financing and acquisition of a portfolio of pubs
- Acting for European Capital on its leveraged buyout of Cordium, a provider of services to regulated firms
- Advising a preeminent global US investment fund on its acquisition of a distressed portfolio of UK car showrooms through a pre-pack insolvency process.
- Acting for Baillie Gifford in connection with its minority investments in Spotify, Funding Circle, Souq Group and Home24
- Acting for Summit Partners on its joint venture with FleetCor to acquire UK-based Masternaut from Francisco Partners. Masternaut is a leading European provider of telematics solutions to commercial fleet customers in 32 countries
- Acting for Summit Partners and Management on the disposal of the entire issued share capital of Actix International Limited to Amdocs Astrum Limited. Actix is a software business, which offers software analytics for faster and better mobile network optimization
- Acting for Smedvig Capital Limited in a majority investment in Four Times Enterprises Limited (the holding company of Kings Court Trust)
- Acting for Nordic Capital and its portfolio company CameronTec AB in CameronTec’s acquisition of the E2E Infotech Business including E2E Infotech Limited
- Acting for Grove Limited and Barchester Healthcare Limited in connection with the sale of the entire issued share capital of Bluehood Limited, an entity which held Barchester’s property interests in 160 care homes in England, Wales, Scotland and Jersey accommodating approximately 10,000 residents. In connection with that sale, also advising on the leaseback of those care homes to Barchester’s operating company, Barchester Healthcare Homes Limited, under a series of master leases and on the redemption and/or refinancing of Barchester’s existing debt
- Profiled, “Rising stars: the next generation of City private equity talent,” Legal Week (November 19, 2018)
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LPC, distinction, Nottingham Law School, 2006
- BA (Hons) (Law), Cambridge University, 2005