Elizabeth Todd joined the private equity transactions group of Ropes & Gray’s London office in November 2012. She was previously with the London office of a major international law firm.
Elizabeth has broad domestic and international experience in private and public M&A, general corporate and general commercial law. She has acted for a number of private equity sponsors, consortia and management teams on MBOs, secondary buy-outs, P2Ps and exits. She has also acted for a number of major international companies and financial institutions on a range of transactions and internal corporate activities.
- Acting for Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe, a leading healthcare investment firm, in its acquisition of Abzena plc, a Cambridge, UK-based biopharmaceutical services company
- Acting for CDC Group, the UK’s development finance institution and the world’s oldest DFI, on its investment in M‐Kopa, a leading provider of off‐grid solar energy in East Africa
- Acting for Baring Private Equity Asia on its and PAI Partners’ acquisition of World Freight Company International, the global leader in the General Sales and Service Agent market
- Advised a private fund with over $25 billion of assets under management, on the purchase and sale of various equity and real estate investments across Europe, including domestic and cross-border joint ventures often involving complex structures.
- Acting for Codman Neuro – an affiliated company of Johnson & Johnson - on its acquisition of Irish stroke care company Neuravi Limited
- Acting for Cathexis on its hostile takeover of ISG
- Acting for Ensono, a leading hybrid IT services provider on the:
- acquisition of leading UK-based hybrid IT services provider Attenda;
- acquisition of Inframon, a UK-based cloud transformation company; and
- reorganization of certain aspects of its UK business.
- Acting for Intermediate Capital Group on the US$5.3billion consortium buyout of Visma, Europe's largest ever software buyout
- Acting for Baring Private Equity Asia on its US$1.8 billion sale, alongside the Shanghai-based Bright Food Group, of British breakfast cereal brand Weetabix to U.S.-based cereal company, Post Holdings
- Acting for Macquarie Capital in relation to Liberty Hall Capital Partners’ US$135 million acquisition of Dunlop Aircraft Tyres Ltd.
- Acting for Nordic Capital on equity investment matters related to the acquisition of eResearchTechnology (ERT)
- Acting for Smedvig Capital Limited in the sale of Tuskerdirect Limited to ECI Partners LLP
- Represented Marquee Brands LLC in its acquisition of British men’s clothing brand Ben Sherman and its related intellectual property assets from Oxford Industries, Inc.
- Represented Bain Capital in its acquisition of TI Automotive for $2.4 billion
- Represented Charlesbank Capital Partners in its acquisition of Six Degrees Group
- Acting for Avenue Capital on its equity financing and acquisition of a portfolio of pubs
- Acting for European Capital on its leveraged buyout of Cordium, a provider of services to regulated firms
- Advising a preeminent global US investment fund on its acquisition of a distressed portfolio of UK car showrooms through a pre-pack insolvency process.
- Acting for Baillie Gifford in connection with its minority investments in Spotify, Funding Circle, Souq Group and Home24
- Acting for Summit Partners on its joint venture with FleetCor to acquire UK-based Masternaut from Francisco Partners. Masternaut is a leading European provider of telematics solutions to commercial fleet customers in 32 countries
- Acting for Summit Partners and Management on the disposal of the entire issued share capital of Actix International Limited to Amdocs Astrum Limited. Actix is a software business, which offers software analytics for faster and better mobile network optimization
- Acting for Smedvig Capital Limited in a majority investment in Four Times Enterprises Limited (the holding company of Kings Court Trust)
- Acting for Nordic Capital and its portfolio company CameronTec AB in CameronTec’s acquisition of the E2E Infotech Business including E2E Infotech Limited
- Acting for Grove Limited and Barchester Healthcare Limited in connection with the sale of the entire issued share capital of Bluehood Limited, an entity which held Barchester’s property interests in 160 care homes in England, Wales, Scotland and Jersey accommodating approximately 10,000 residents. In connection with that sale, also advising on the leaseback of those care homes to Barchester’s operating company, Barchester Healthcare Homes Limited, under a series of master leases and on the redemption and/or refinancing of Barchester’s existing debt