Evan H. Tallmadge
Evan Tallmadge joined Ropes & Gray in 2018 as an associate in the corporate department. He practices primarily in the life sciences and intellectual property transaction groups.
During law school, he was the executive editor of the Harvard Journal of Law and Technology. His graduate research in the lab of David B. Collum was on the solution structures and kinetics of the lithium enolates of acylated 2-oxazolidinones.
Licensing and Strategic Transactions
- Represented a multinational pharmaceutical company in the negotiation of a clinical development agreement with an option to acquire the counterparty if the key drug candidate is successful
- Represented Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc. in a $1.15 billion exclusive license agreement with Roche to launch and commercialize Sarepta’s investigational gene therapy for Duchenne muscular dystrophy outside the United States.
- Represented a biopharmaceutical company in the negotiation of a clinical and commercial supply agreement with a key Chinese manufacturer.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Advised Charlesbank Capital Partners on their investment in Park Place Technologies.
- Advised a multinational company on their acquisition of a medical device company.
- Advised a private equity fund on intellectual property and licensing matters relating to their multi-billion dollar bid for a pharmaceutical company.
- Advised a private equity fund on their bid for a multi-state medical practice.
Capital Markets and Venture Capital
- Advised an underwriter on intellectual property and licensing considerations for the IPO of a pharmaceutical company in the rare disease space.
- Advised a private equity fund on licensing matters in their minority investment in an internet infrastructure company.
- Co-author, “M&A Considerations in Licensing and Collaboration Agreements,” Westlaw Journal Intellectual Property (October 8, 2019)
- Evan H. Tallmadge, Nationalizing TRIPS: An Examination Through Exceptions, 18 J. Marshall Rev. Intell. Prop. L. 285 (2019)
- Janis Jermaks, Evan H. Tallmadge, Ivan Keresztes, & David B. Collum, Lithium Amino Alkoxide–Evans Enolate Mixed Aggregates: Aldol Addition with Matched and Mismatched Stereocontrol, 140 J. Am. Chemical Soc’y 3077 (2018)
- Evan H. Tallmadge, Patenting Natural Products after Myriad, 30 Harv. J.L. & Tech. 569 (2017)
- Evan H. Tallmadge, Janis Jermaks, & David B. Collum, Structure–Reactivity Relationships in Lithiated Evans Enolates: Influence of Aggregation and Solvation on the Stereochemistry and Mechanism of Aldol Additions, 138 J. Am. Chemical Soc’y 345 (2016)
- Evan H. Tallmadge & David B. Collum, Evans Enolates: Solution Structures of Lithiated Oxazolidinone-Derived Enolates, 137 J. Am. Chemical Soc’y 13087 (2015)
- Joseph Renny, Laura Tomasevich, Evan Tallmadge, & David Collum, Method of Continuous Variations: Applications of Job Plots to the Study of Molecular Associations in Organometallic Chemistry, 52 Angewandte Chemie, Int. Ed., 11998 (2013)
- JD, cum laude, Harvard Law School, 2018
- PhD (Chemistry and Chemical Biology), Cornell University, 2015
- BS (Biochemistry), magna cum laude, Stonehill College, 2010