Hudson Todd joined Ropes & Gray in 2016 as an associate. He practices in the firm’s tax and benefits department.
During law school, Hudson interned with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s Division of Enforcement. Prior to law school, he served as a teaching assistant in financial accounting at Vanderbilt University.
- Represented The Michaels Companies, Inc. in its take-private transaction with Apollo Global Management.
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners in its acquisition of CorePower Yoga.
- Represented Advent International in its acquisition of a majority equity stake in Walmart Brazil.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in its sale of Masergy, the owner and operator of one of the largest independent software-defined networking platforms in the world, to Comcast Business.
- Represented Ironwood Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in connection with the public spinoff of Cyclerion Therapeutics, Inc. and related sponsor equity financing.
- Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Tekni-Plex, Inc., a global company focused on developing highly engineered products, including medical tubing and compounds, pharma barrier films, dispensing components, closure liners and specialty food packaging.
- Represented Bain Capital in its acquisition of ExtraHop Networks, Inc., a cloud-native cybersecurity company.
- Represented TPG Capital in its acquisition of a majority stake in Nintex, a process management and workflow automation software provider, from Thoma Bravo.
Hudson assists a number of investment fund sponsors with fund formation and structuring matters, including:
- AlpInvest Partners
- Baillie Gifford
- New Second Capital
- NovaQuest Capital Management
- Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe
- JD, Harvard Law School, 2016; Dean’s Scholar Prize in Corporate Taxation
- BA, summa cum laude, Vanderbilt University, 2012
Admissions / Qualifications
- California, 2022
- Massachusetts, 2016