Kim Ton-That is an associate in Ropes & Gray's corporate department. Kim represents domestic and international clients in a variety of domestic, cross-border and global corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity investments and corporate restructurings.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Kim practiced corporate law in the Montreal office of a major Canadian law firm and in the New York office of a leading global law firm, focusing on mergers and acquisitions.
- Represented H.I.G. Capital in its acquisition of Capstone Logistics, a leading national provider of outsourced supply chain solutions to distribution centers, from an affiliate of The Jordan Company.
- Represented H.I.G. Capital in its acquisition of Continental Batteries, a leading distributor of aftermarket batteries, from an affiliate of Incline Equity Partners.
- Represented H.I.G. Capital in its acquisition of Oxford Global Resources, a provider of IT and professional services, from ASGN Incorporated.
- Represented H.I.G. Capital in its acquisition of BECO Holding Company, a leading provider of critical fire life safety solutions, from Behrman Capital.
- Represented The Jordan Company in its acquisition of Arclin, a chemistry-based provider of highly technical, engineered products for the residential building products market and other industries, from an affiliate of Lone Star.
- Represented Veeam Software Holding Limited, the leader in backup solutions that deliver cloud data management, in its $5 billion acquisition by private equity firm Insight Partners.
- Represented Milacron Holdings Corp., a global leader in highly engineered and customized systems in plastic technology and processing, in its $2 billion cash and stock merger with Hillenbrand, Inc.
- Represented Simeio Solutions, a portfolio company of Welsh Carson Anderson & Stowe and leading provider of identity and access management solutions to enterprise companies, in its acquisition by affiliates of private equity firm ZMC.
- Represented Sports Entertainment Acquisition Corp., a publicly traded special purpose acquisition company, in its combination with SGHC Limited, the parent company of Betway, to create a global gaming company that is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Represented Airbus SE in its acquisition of a majority stake in C Series Aircraft Limited Partnership from Bombardier Inc. and Investissement Québec.*
- Represented Paysafe Group in its acquisition of iPayment Holdings, Inc., a provider of payment and processing solutions.*
- Represented Quorum Software, a portfolio company of Silver Lake Partners and Silver Lake Kraftwerk, in its acquisition of Entero Corporation, a leader in energy software solutions for the upstream and midstream structures.*
- Represented H.I.G. Capital in its acquisition of the human resource consulting and actuarial business of Conduent Inc.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray.
- BCL/LLB, McGill University Faculty of Law, 2017
- BComm, McGill University, 2013
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2018
- Quebec, 2018