Patricia Teixeira is counsel in the finance group and regularly advises fund clients and lenders on a variety of fund level financings, including bilateral and syndicated subscription facilities, NAV facilities, leverage facilities for credit funds, management company lines to investment advisors and employee co-investment loan programs.
- Advises a wide variety of equity, debt and real estate funds on capital call subscription facilities, including the following clients:
- ACORE Capital
- AlpInvest Partners
- CCMP Capital
- Gridiron Capital
- Health Enterprise Partners
- Pacific Equity Partners
- Paine Schwartz Partners
- Webster Capital Management
- Represented TPG Capital in connection with the debt financing for the acquisition of J.Crew Group.
- Represented Bain Capital and The Blackstone Group in the financing for the acquisition, together with NBC Universal, of The Weather Channel Companies.
- Represented Fenway Partners in connection with an asset-based facility and the issuance of senior secured notes to refinance in part the existing debt of Easton-Bell Sports, Inc.
- Represented TPG Capital in connection with the debt financing for its acquisition of Immucor.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in connection with the debt financing for its acquisition of Melissa & Doug.
- Co-author, “Credit Facilities for Registered Investment Funds,” International Comparative Legal Guide (April 14, 2023)
- Quoted, “Proposed SEC Rule Could Chill Private Equity’s Performance-Enhancing Borrowing,” The Wall Street Journal (February 25, 2022)
- Co-author, “Investor views of fund subscription lines,” Global Legal Insights – Fund Finance 2021, 5th Edition (January 2021)
- Co-author, “Investor views of fund subscription lines,” Global Legal Insights – Fund Finance, 3rd Edition (March 2019)
- LLM (Finance), Institute for Law and Finance, Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universitat Frankfurt, 2006
- LLM, The University of Chicago Law School, 2004
- Bachelor of Laws, Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro, 2001
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2005