Shi (Pauline) Tang
Pauline is a strategic, life sciences, and technology transactions and data privacy attorney based in Ropes & Gray’s Shanghai office. She advises clients in the life sciences and technology industries in strategic collaborations, intellectual property transactions, general commercial matters, and data monetization, protection and privacy matters. She also advises private equity funds in investment, mergers and acquisitions, and foreign direct investments in the APAC region.
Before joining Ropes & Gray, Pauline was an associate in the New York office of a U.S. law firm, where she focused on antitrust matters. She worked extensively with technological and pharmaceutical clients facing enforcement and compliance issues, as well as litigation.
During law school, Pauline externed for Justice Humes at the First Appellate District of the California Court of Appeal, and in the Consumer Protection Section of the California Attorney General’s office. She also helped clients with asylum applications.
- Represented a multinational technology company in antitrust investigations and litigation worldwide, as well as providing counseling surrounding antitrust and data privacy issues.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- Author, “Semiconductor Merger Reviews under US-China Trade Tensions: Delay Factors and the ‘New Normal,’” International Antitrust Bulletin, American Bar Association (December 2021)
- Author, “OECD Roundtable on Market Studies: Consensus on the Strengths and Limitations & Divergence on Binding Remedies,” Competition Policy International (January 11, 2021)
- Author, “Highlights from OECD Roundtable on Data Rights in Antitrust,” Law360 (June 17, 2020)
- Moderator, Interview with FTC Commissioner Wilson and Former DOJ Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General Barry Nigro on “Investigation of Competition in Digital Markets” (November 13, 2020)
- JD, University of California, Berkeley School of Law, 2019
- BA (Legal Studies & Economics), highest distinction, University of California, Berkeley, 2016
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2020
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York