Robert W. Treut
Robert Treut joined Ropes & Gray in 2017 as an associate in the corporate group.
During law school, Rob served as a teaching assistant to Professor Andrew Kull. Prior to law school, Rob spent several years working for ESPN’s Programming & Acquisitions department, managing contractual commitments, internal initiatives, and relationships with external partners.
- Represented Akebia Therapeutics in connection with its exclusive license agreement with Vifor Pharma Group, pursuant to which Vifor is granted the exclusive right to distribute Akebia’s Phase 3 oral anemia drug vadadustat through its network of U.S. dialysis centers and other approved distribution channels.
- Represented BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in the licensing of commercialization rights in Japan for BCX7353, a preventative treatment for hereditary angioedema (HAE) attacks, to Torii Pharmaceutical, Co., a Japanese pharmaceutical company.
- Represented Sarepta Therapeutics Inc. in a collaboration and license agreement with StrideBio Inc., a North Carolina-based biotechnology company, to develop gene therapies for up to eight central nervous system (CNS) and neuromuscular targets.
- Represented a leading biotechnology company in its agreement for exclusive commercialization rights to biosimilars in a number of countries across the globe.
- Represented Sarepta Therapeutics in the negotiation of an exclusive license agreement with Lysogene to develop a gene therapy directed towards the treatment of Mucopolysaccharidosis type IIIA (MPS IIIA), a rare and fatal neurodegenerative disorder for which there are currently no treatment options.
- JD, honors, University of Texas School of Law, 2017
- AB (Economics), Brown University, 2008