Thaísa Toledo Longo
Law Clerk (Visiting Trainee)
Thaísa Toledo Longo, a Brazilian-licensed attorney, joined Ropes & Gray’s litigation and enforcement practice group in 2019 to spend a year as a law clerk (visiting trainee) in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. Previously, Thaísa was an associate with a leading full-service Brazilian law firm for more than seven years, working in the compliance and investigation practice group, as well as the government projects and contracts practice group.
Thaísa’s work has focused on anti-corruption and international risk matters. She has counseled major Brazilian and multinational companies across sectors on compliance and anti-corruption matters. She has also coordinated large, complex, cross-border internal investigations (including high-profile cases related to the “Lava Jato” investigation in Brazil).
Additionally, Thaísa has extensive experience in implementing compliance programs, conducting third-party integrity due diligence and performing risk assessments related to sponsorships, charitable donations, political contributions, gifts, entertainment and hospitality. She has also performed anti-bribery and corruption due diligence in the context of M&A transactions, and has worked on several antitrust investigations, with a focus on cartel and bid-rigging cases.
Thaísa’s practice has also encompassed administrative law matters, including corporate social investment, public procurement and administrative contracts, and public service concessions and public-private partnerships (with a particular focus on transportation infrastructure projects).
- Co-author, Chapter 7, “Compliance em Empresas Estatais. Padrões Internacionais e Legislação Brasileira (Compliance in State-owned Companies. International Standards and Brazilian Legal Framework)” within the book Compliance, Gestão de Riscos e Combate à Corrupção Integridade Para o Desenvolvimento, Editora Fórum (2018)
- Author, Chapter 2, “A Municipalização do Transporte Coletivo de Passageiros: Análise do Município de São Paulo (The Municipalization of Collective Transport for Passengers: Case Analysis of the Municipality of São Paulo)” within the book Mobilidade Urbana: Aspectos do Transporte Coletivo no Município de São Paulo (Urban Mobility: Aspects of Public Transportation in the Municipality of São Paulo), Paco Editorial (2017)
- Co-author, “Addressing Five Major Compliance Issues Posed by Brazil’s 2016 Olympic Games,” FCPA Report (2016)
- Co-author, Chapter 12, “Anti-Corruption Compliance in Brazil” within the e-Book Anti-Corruption Compliance in Emerging Markets: A Resource Guide, Arnold & Porter (2016)
- Co-author, chapter on Brazil within Getting the Deal Through: Public-Private Partnerships, Law Business Research (2015 and 2016)
- Co-author, “Integration of Transport Modals in Brazil,” IFLR 1000 – The Guide to the World's Leading Financial Law Firms (2014)
- Co-author, “O Regime Jurídico de Direito Público e as Joint Ventures Estabelecidas Entre Empresas Estatais e a Iniciativa Privada (The Legal Regime of Public Law and Joint Ventures Structure Between Public Companies and Private Sector),” Revista de Contratos Públicos (2014)
- LLM, Georgetown University Law Center, 2019
- Master’s degree in Infrastructure Law (lato sensu), Fundação Getúlio Vargas – GV Law, 2016
- Bachelor of Laws, Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie, 2012