Asiya Ubaid is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s mergers and acquisitions group. Asiya’s practice is focused on representing public and private companies and investors in a broad range of domestic and cross-border transactional matters, including mergers, stock and asset acquisitions and divestitures, private equity investments, and other strategic transactions and corporate governance matters. Asiya also counsels some of the world’s leading investment banks on financial advisory matters.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Asiya was an associate in the mergers and acquisitions & private equity group at another leading law firm in New York.
- Represented Leidos, an information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services provider, in its $1 billion acquisition of L3Harris Technologies’ security, detection, and automation business, which provides airport and critical infrastructure screening products and other industrial automation products.*
- Represented Yellow Wood Partners in its $585 million acquisition of the Dr. Scholl’s business, an iconic brand synonymous with foot care, from Bayer in a complicated carve-out transaction.*
- Represented Permira in its $1.68 billion sale of Magento Commerce, an e-commerce platform, to Adobe.*
- Represented a leading private equity sponsor in its $790 million acquisition of a leading provider of Complex Rehab Technology (CRT).*
- Represented the controlling stockholder of Zais Group Holdings, Inc., Christian Zugel, and Z Acquisition LLC, of which Mr. Zugel is the sole managing member, in connection with a series of transactions culminating in Z Acquisition’s definitive merger agreement with Zais Group Holdings, Inc. in a “going private” transaction.*
- Counseled Goldman Sachs, as financial advisor to T-Mobile and its parent company Deutsche Telekom, in T-Mobile’s $26.5 billion merger with Sprint to form a new telecom giant with an implied enterprise value of approximately $146 billion for the combined company.*
- Counseled each of Centerview Partners Goldman Sachs, as financial advisors to 21st Century Fox, in its $71.3 billion sale of its film, television studios and cable and international TV assets to Disney.*
- Counseled Goldman Sachs, as financial advisor to Loxo Oncology, in its $8 billion sale to Eli Lilly.*
- Counseled each of Evercore and Goldman Sachs, as financial advisors to Anadarko Petroleum Corporation, in its $57 billion sale to Occidental Petroleum Corporation, including advising on the initial $33 billion definitive agreement with Chevron Corporation and subsequent complicated negotiations.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- JD, Harvard Law School, 2017; Student Attorney, Harvard Immigration and Refugee Clinic; Student Attorney, Harvard Prison Legal Assistance Project
- BBA (Finance, Management), summa cum laude, Hofstra University, 2009