Elissa Reidy Uspensky
Elissa Reidy Uspensky is a member of the firm’s Litigation and Enforcement group and her practice focuses on complex civil litigation and government investigations. Elissa has experience in all stages of litigation, including drafting pleadings, dispositive motion practice, managing all aspects of discovery, working with expert witnesses, preparing for depositions and trial, and appeal. Elissa also has experience advising clients in government investigations and regulatory inquiries, including investigations brought by state attorneys general and the SEC. Her clients have included investment management firms, pharmaceutical and medical device companies, technology companies, and other corporations. Elissa also maintains an active pro bono practice, with a focus on immigration and family law matters.
Elissa rejoined Ropes & Gray in 2017 following a yearlong clerkship with the Honorable Stephen A. Higginson of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. She first joined the firm in 2014 after completing a public interest fellowship at a legal services organization. Elissa is a graduate of Harvard University and the University of Michigan Law School, where she served as an Executive Editor of the Michigan Law Review and argued an appeal before the Sixth Circuit as a member of the Michigan Federal Appellate Litigation Clinic.
- Represents clients in active and complex federal and state litigation, including multi-district litigation, class-action securities lawsuits, and bankruptcy matters.
- Represents clients in investigations and lawsuits brought by state attorneys general.
- Represents clients in connection with SEC inquiries.
- Successfully represented hedge fund in federal court litigation brought by public company alleging defamation and other tort claims.
- Successfully represented private equity firm in class-action lawsuit alleging violations of federal securities laws.
- Successfully represented corporation in commercial arbitration against a national bank involving complex indemnification, contract, and tort disputes.
- Successfully represented dental health product company in litigation with shareholders’ agent over disposition of escrow fund following a merger.
- Represented electronics manufacturer in multi-district antitrust litigation.
- Conducted internal anti-corruption investigation for medical device manufacturer.
- Represents pro bono clients in immigration, family law, and small claims matters.
- JD, magna cum laude, University of Michigan, 2013; Order of the Coif; executive editor, Michigan Law Review
- AB, cum laude, Harvard University, 2009
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2013
- New York, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2017
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, 2014
- The Best Lawyers in America (2022)