Isabella Vecchio joined the finance practice group as a law clerk in 2021. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Isabella was a solicitor at an international law firm in Australia where she represented lenders, private equity sponsors and corporate borrowers on a range of senior and mezzanine debt transactions.
Until her move to New York, Isabella also worked as a university tutor in the subjects of Evidence and Dispute Resolution at the Queensland University of Technology.
Prior to working as a solicitor, Isabella served as the associate to a Justice of the Supreme Court in Queensland, Australia.
- Acting as finance law advisor in relation to Puma Energy Holdings Pte. Limited's total sale of its Australian assets to Chevron Corporation.*
- Represented a major Australian bank in connection with its senior financing of the first build-to-rent project in Australia, including drafting and negotiating intercreditor arrangements with the mezzanine lender, Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing.*
- Advising Queensland Investment Corporation on its U.S. retail portfolio financing arrangements for its shopping center assets in California, New York and Pennsylvania, including negotiation of subordination terms with its U.S. senior financier.*
- Acting for Senex Energy Limited on its fully-underwritten external debt facilities to fund the development of its Surat Basin gas projects, including drafting and negotiating several tripartite arrangements.*
- Acting for a major Australian bank in relation to asset and working capital debt facilities provided to a large coal exploration and mining company, including assisting the bank in relation to the company’s recapitalization and partial acquisition of another entity listed on the Australian Stock Exchange.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- Bachelor of Laws, First Class Honors, Queensland University of Technology, 2016
- BA (Journalism), Distinction, Queensland University of Technology, 2016
Admissions / Qualifications
- Queensland, Australia, 2017
- High Court of Australia, 2018