Jesse R. Vreeken
Jesse Vreeken joined Ropes & Gray in 2021 as a law clerk in the private equity group. Jesse assists the private equity team in connection with a broad range of transactions, including U.S. and international mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, leveraged buyouts and equity investments. Jesse’s work also includes assisting clients with corporate governance and general corporate matters.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Jesse was an associate in the corporate department of a leading Canadian law firm, focusing on mergers and acquisitions and capital markets transactions.
- Advised various Canadian corporations with relation to the purchase and sale of private businesses.*
- Advised various oil and gas and renewable energy companies listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, TSX Venture Exchange, AIM Exchange in London, Oslo Børs/Euronext Growth Exchange in Norway and others.*
- Advised various real estate and investment funds in Canada and the United States on private placement transactions, registration and continuous disclosure requirements.*
- Advised a Canadian midstream oil & gas services corporation on its $130 million take-private plan of arrangement and ~$70 million syndicated secured debt financing.*
- Advised a publicly-listed Canadian auto dealership aggregator on its $1.1 billion debt refinancing including its $125 million high yield note offering, $950 million credit facility and tender offer for $150 million senior notes.*
- Advised a Canadian midstream oil & gas producer and services corporation on its $121 million take-private plan of arrangement and concurrent $71 million debt financing arrangement.*
- Advised various Canadian Capital Pool Corporations as targets, on reverse takeovers by way of three-cornered amalgamations with Canadian energy corporations.*
*Experience prior to Ropes & Gray
- JD, University of Calgary Faculty of Law, 2019
- LLM, With Distinction, Tilburg University, 2012
- BA, With Distinction, Tilburg University, 2011
Admissions / Qualifications
- Alberta, Canada, 2020