Carol Van der Vorst
Carol Van der Vorst is a partner in the finance group. Carol has over 15 years of experience in advising lenders and borrowers in connection with complex cross-border debt financing transactions.
Carol advises clients in relation to the structuring and terms of large cap leveraged financing transactions for syndication in Europe and/or the United States and other loan financing transactions.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Carol was a managing director at Goldman Sachs in its debt underwriting group where she was responsible for structuring and negotiating loan and bond financing transactions and managing debt underwriting risk for a wide range of its debt financing businesses.
Carol’s experience, gained in private practice and in her role at Goldman Sachs, allows her to advise sophisticated clients seamlessly across geographies and products, including leveraged syndicated loans, high yield bonds and direct lending.
- Advised BidFair on its US$3.7 billion acquisition of Sotheby’s, which included advising on the acquisition financing aspects of the transaction, including a $600 million high yield bond, a $500 million Term Loan B and a $400 million revolving credit facility
- Advised Goldman Sachs with a €850 million equivalent bridge to bond and super senior revolving facilities supporting the SEK13 billion public takeover offer by the founding family in respect of Oriflame Holding AG, a Swiss company listed in Sweden on Nasdaq Stockholm
- Advised Altice in connection with obtaining stapled financing commitments and the entry into €1.9bn senior secured credit facilities to finance the deployment of fibre-to-the-home infrastructure by SFR FTTH
- Advised TPG Capital on the first and second lien financing for the acquisition by BVI of PhysIOL Group SA from TA Associates
Notable transactions in which Carol has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Acting for an investment bank in connection with the structuring and negotiation of certain funds acquisition financing packages for public to private acquisitions of listed targets in a variety of European jurisdictions
- Acting for an investment bank in connection with the structuring and negotiation of certain funds loan and bridge to bond financing packages for the acquisition of privately owned target companies by private equity clients
- Advising private equity clients on recent trends in market terms in connection with refinancing transactions
- Acting for an investment bank in connection with bespoke bridge to disposal facilities
- Acting for an investment bank in connection with bond backstop commitments
- Acting for an investment bank in connection with distressed refinancing of private equity owned portfolio company
- Acting for an investment bank in connection with structuring and negotiation of limited recourse media financings
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- Masters in Commercial Law, Melbourne University, Australia
- Master of Laws, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, including exchange with Duke University Law School, USA
- Undergraduate in Law, The University of Namur