Carol Van der Vorst
Carol Van der Vorst is a partner in the finance group. Carol has over 15 years of experience in advising lenders and borrowers in connection with complex cross-border debt financing transactions.
Carol advises clients in relation to the structuring and terms of large cap leveraged financing transactions for syndication in Europe and/or the United States and other loan financing transactions.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Carol was a managing director at Goldman Sachs in its debt underwriting group where she was responsible for structuring and negotiating loan and bond financing transactions and managing debt underwriting risk for a wide range of its debt financing businesses.
Carol’s experience, gained in private practice and in her role at Goldman Sachs, allows her to advise sophisticated clients seamlessly across geographies and products, including leveraged syndicated loans, high yield bonds and direct lending.
Notable transactions in which Carol has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Acting for investment bank in connection with the structuring and negotiation of certain funds acquisition financing packages for public to private acquisitions of listed targets in a variety of European jurisdictions
- Acting for investment bank in connection with the structuring and negotiation of certain funds loan and bridge to bond financing packages for the acquisition of privately owned target companies by private equity clients
- Advising private equity clients on recent trends in market terms in connection with refinancing transactions
- Acting for investment bank in connection with bespoke bridge to disposal facilities
- Acting for investment bank in connection with bond backstop commitments
- Acting for investment bank in connection with distressed refinancing of private equity owned portfolio company
- Acting for investment bank in connection with structuring and negotiation of limited recourse media financings