Carol Van der Vorst
Carol Van der Vorst is a partner in the finance group. Carol has advised lenders and borrowers in connection with complex cross-border debt financing transactions for over 15 years.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Carol was a managing director at Goldman Sachs in its debt underwriting group where she was responsible for structuring and negotiating loan and bond financing transactions and managing debt underwriting risk for a wide range of its IBD debt financing businesses.
Carol’s experience, gained in private practice and in her role at Goldman Sachs, allows her to advise sophisticated clients across geographies and products, including leveraged and event driven syndicated loans, high yield bonds and direct lending.
- Acted for the potential underwriters including Barclays Bank and BNP Paribas in relation to certain funds term and revolving financing commitments supporting CVC Capital’s bid to acquire J.F. Hillebrand Group AG
- Acted for the underwriters, Bank of America and Macquarie Capital and other lenders in relation to certain funds senior secured term and revolving financing commitments supporting CVC Capital’s acquisition of Gaming One
- Acted for Bain Capital Credit in connection with a US$275 million holdco financing and related investment to support Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment’s $1.55 billion Phase 1 development of the INSPIRE Entertainment Resort in South Korea
- Acted for BNP Paribas and Deutsche Bank as lead underwriters of bridge to bond and revolving facilities supporting Apax’s acquisition of Lutech SpA
- Acted for Permira Credit and other senior lenders in relation to the unitranche financing supporting EQT’s acquisition of Parcel2Go
- Acted for an underwriting bank in relation to debt financing to support Nordic Capital’s portfolio company, Nordax Bank’s, bid to acquire Oslo-listed Norwegian Finans Bank
- Acted for Goldman Sachs and J.P. Morgan as lead banks in relation to pre-IPO facilities for a FinTech business
- Advised Next Alt S.à r.l on the financing aspects of an all cash offer for Altice Europe valuing the company at €6.4 billion
- Advised Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken (SEB) in connection with a EUR 1,800,000,000 super-senior and SEK 2,000,000,000 senior secured revolving facilities refinancing for Intrum AB (publ)
- Advised BidFair on the financing for its US$3.7 billion acquisition of Sotheby’s, which included, among others, a $600 million high yield bond, a $500 million term loan B and a $400 million revolving credit facility
- Advised Goldman Sachs and other banks in connection with a €850 million equivalent bridge to bond and super-senior revolving facilities supporting the SEK13 billion public to private takeover offer by the founding family in respect of Oriflame Holding AG, a Swiss company listed on Nasdaq Stockholm
- Advised Altice in connection with the financing relating to the €1 billion acquisition of Covage by Altice and a consortium of infrastructure investors
- Advised Altice in connection with obtaining stapled financing commitments and the entry into €1.9bn senior secured credit facilities to finance the deployment of fibre-to-the-home infrastructure by SFR FTTH
- Advised TPG Capital on the European aspects of the first and second lien financing for the acquisition by its portfolio company Beaver-Visitec International (BVI) of PhysIOL Group SA from TA Associates
- Co-author, “United Kingdom: Lending & Secured Finance,” The Legal 500 Country Comparitive Guides 2020 (April 2020)
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- Masters in Commercial Law, Melbourne University, Australia
- Master of Laws, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, including exchange with Duke University Law School, USA
- Undergraduate in Law, The University of Namur, Belgium
Admissions / Qualifications
- Brussels Law Society, Dutch Speaking Section
- Registered Foreign Lawyer, Law Society of England and Wales
- Legal 500 Next Generation Partner (2022)
- ‘Carol Van der Vorst is a rock star attorney who is able to transition across multiple types of deals and clients.’
- ‘Very pragmatic and solution oriented, which is highly appreciated and valuable in fast paced matters.’
- ‘Exceedingly nimble and strategic minded and not limited to a single industry or product.’
- ‘Carol Van der Vorst is knowledgeable, to the point and easy to work with.’
- IFLR Highly Regarded (2022)
- IFLR1000 Women Leaders (2021-2022)