Jesse R. Vreeken
Jesse Vreeken is an associate in Ropes & Gray's private equity group. Jesse represents private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in connection with a broad range of transactions, including U.S. and international mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, leveraged buyouts and equity investments. Jesse’s practice also focuses on distressed or special situations, and he generally advises on clients on corporate governance and general corporate matters.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Jesse was a corporate associate at a leading Canadian law firm.
- Represented a private equity firm on its Series B investment in a technology and battery management company.
- Represented a private equity firm on a restructuring of credit terms backed by state-level bond issuances.
- Represented Avista Capital Partners on the acquisition of Taconic Biosciences, a provider of genetically engineered research models and related services.
- Represented a private equity firm on a “take the keys” transaction in which it acquired a personal healthcare products company.
- Represented One80 Intermediaries, a national insurance brokerage and risk management firm and portfolio company of Kelso & Company, on its acquisition of C&M First Services, Inc., a full-service brokerage firm that provides commercial and personal lines insurance to Asian American retail brokers throughout the United States.
- Represented a private equity firm on its Series B investment in a global SaaS based provider of performance management, employee development and engagement solutions.
- Represented a private equity firm on its multimillion dollar sale of franchised fast food restaurants.
- Represented a private equity firm on corporate commercial matters related to its portfolio company which manages a network of women’s health clinics.
- Represented Monomoy Capital Partners on its acquisition of Thetford Corporation, a global supplier of sanitation, refrigeration and cooking solutions for the RV and marine industries headquartered in the Netherlands.
- Represented Bain Capital on corporate commercial matters related to its portfolio company U.S. Renal Care, Inc., a leading provider of dialysis services for patients suffering from end stage renal disease.
- Represented Audax Private Equity in its acquisition of Flow Control Solutions, a specialist supplier of pipeline equipment, valves, actuators, assemblies and controls.
- Represented a private equity firm and its portfolio company on a $240 million acquisition of a leading smart home security company.
- Represented a private equity firm on a multimillion dollar acquisition of an auto loan origination business.
- Represented New Mountain Capital on its merger of Ciox Health with Datavant, a health information technology company.
- Represented various Canadian corporations with relation to the purchase and sale of private businesses.*
- Represented various oil and gas and renewable energy companies listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, TSX Venture Exchange, AIM Exchange in London, Oslo Børs/Euronext Growth Exchange in Norway and others.*
- Represented various real estate and investment funds in Canada and the United States on private placement transactions, registration and continuous disclosure requirements.*
- Represented a Canadian midstream oil & gas services corporation on its $130 million take-private plan of arrangement and ~$70 million syndicated secured debt financing.*
- Represented a publicly-listed Canadian auto dealership aggregator on its $1.1 billion debt refinancing including its $125 million high yield note offering, $950 million credit facility and tender offer for $150 million senior notes.*
- Represented a Canadian midstream oil & gas producer and services corporation on its $121 million take-private plan of arrangement and concurrent $71 million debt financing arrangement.*
- Represented various Canadian Capital Pool Corporations as targets, on reverse takeovers by way of three-cornered amalgamations with Canadian energy corporations.*
*Experience prior to Ropes & Gray
- JD, University of Calgary Faculty of Law, 2019
- LLM, With Distinction, Tilburg University, 2012
- BA, With Distinction, Tilburg University, 2011
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2022
- Alberta, Canada, 2020