Lacy M. Villanueva
Lacy is counsel in the firm’s asset management group. Her practice focuses on the representation of investment advisers, hedge funds, private equity funds and funds of funds in connection with fund formation and day-to-day management and fund operations. Lacy also counsels advisers on new registrations and Investment Advisers Act compliance.
- Advising leading U.S. financial institutions’ wealth management businesses in the formation of single-investor and aggregation vehicles to allow U.S. high net worth clients to invest in third-party hedge funds, private equity funds and other investment products.
- Representing registered investment advisers and exempt reporting advisers with respect to new registrations, including the drafting and implementation of compliance policies and procedures and the review of existing marketing materials and fund documents to ensure compliance with Advisers Act requirements.
- Representing various institutional investors regarding investments in private investment funds, including negotiation of fund documents and side letter agreements.
- Co-author, “Key person terms among credit managers,” Westlaw Journal Bank & Lender Liability (January 21, 2020)
- JD, Rutgers University School of Law, 2005
- BS (Nursing and Spanish), High Honors, Rutgers University - College of Nursing, 2001