Nikhil Vasudeva is an associate in the private capital transactions group. Before joining Ropes & Gray, Nikhil worked as a corporate associate at another large international law firm. Nikhil represents private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in connection with a broad range of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, and equity investments. Nikhil’s practice also includes advising clients on corporate governance and general corporate matters.
Nikhil maintains a robust pro bono practice representing a wide array of clients in connection with matters ranging from asylum, divorce and bankruptcy filings to consulting, commission and grant agreements.
During law school, Nikhil served on the executive board of the student senate and was a member of the Columbia Journal of Asian Law.
- Represented a NASDAQ-listed company in connection with the following transactions:
- The acquisition of the animal health business of a NYSE-listed pharmaceuticals company.*
- The acquisition of certain assets from a NYSE-listed animal health company.*
- Represented the portfolio company of a private equity fund in connection with the acquisition of a precision metal stamping and machining company.*
- Represented a private equity fund in connection with its acquisition of a tech-enabled municipal services company.*
- Represented a private equity fund in connection with its acquisition of an outsourcing services company.*
- Represented a private equity fund in connection with its attempted acquisition of a food products company.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- JD, Columbia Law School, 2018; Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar; Columbia Journal of Asian Law
- BA and BS (Political Science (Honors) and Fine Arts: History of Arts; Psychology and Certificate of Neuroscience), Indiana University Bloomington, 2014; Dean’s List; General Honors Notation; Hutton Honors College; IU Excellence Scholarship; Honors Thesis: An Examination of the Unresolved Sino-Indian Border Situation
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2019