Amanda Whitney joined Ropes & Gray in 2016 and is an associate in the securities & public companies group. She represents clients in connection with equity and debt financings, mergers and acquisitions and other strategic transactions, and regularly advises clients on securities law compliance and corporate governance matters.
- Represented Bain Capital in its $18 billion acquisition of Toshiba Memory Corporation by way of a Bain Capital-led consortium of strategic investors including Apple, Seagate, Kingston and Dell.
- Represented the lead underwriters in the $765 million initial public offering of Cushman & Wakefield plc, a leading global real estate services firm.
- Represented MicroVision, Inc., a leader in innovative ultra-miniature laser display and sensing technology, in multiple financings, including underwritten public offerings, and in connection with their Exchange Act reporting obligations.
- Represented Golden Gate Capital in its acquisition of Express Oil Change & Tire Engineers from Carousel Capital, and represented Golden Gate Capital and Express Oil in the subsequent combination of Express Oil and Mavis Discount Tire.
- Represented TPG Capital in numerous capital markets transactions, including in the follow-on public offerings of Evolent Health and IQVIA Holdings Inc.
- Represented Genstar Capital in a $300 million Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of high-yield bonds in connection with its acquisition of Tekni-Plex, a developer of specialty packaging products.
- Represented the underwriters in a follow-on public offering of Hannon Armstrong Sustainable Infrastructure Capital, Inc.
- Represented TPG and Dragoneer in connection with an unsolicited approach to Etsy.
- Negotiated numerous confidentiality agreements on behalf of clients reviewing strategic transactions.