Debbie Wang is an associate in the mergers and acquisitions group. Debbie has experience representing public and private companies, financial institutions and investors in a broad range of transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, financings and other strategic transactions, as well as advising on securities law compliance, corporate governance and general corporate and commercial matters.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Debbie was an associate in the corporate group of a leading Canadian law firm and the finance group of an international law firm in New York.
- Representation of Medtronic plc. to acquire all outstanding shares of Intersect ENT in an all cash transaction for an approximate value of $1.1 billion.
- Represented Detour Gold Corporation in the C$4.9B acquisition of all of its issued and outstanding common shares by Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd.*
- Represented Discount Car and Truck Rentals Ltd. in its sale to Enterprise Rent-A-Car Canada Company.*
- Represented Alacer Gold Corp. in its US$5B at-market merger of equals with SSR Mining Inc.*
- Represented various public company and financial institution clients with capital markets transactions.*
- Represented private equity and pension funds on M&A and other strategic transactions.*
- Advised public company clients on continuous disclosure and corporate governance matters.*
- JD, University of Toronto Faculty of Law, 2017; Senior Editor, University of Toronto Faculty of Law Review
- BA (Psychology, Interdisciplinary Life Sciences), McGill University, 2014
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2018