Ellen C. Wheeler
Ellen Wheeler is an associate in the corporate department. She practices primarily in the firm’s private equity transactions group.
During law school, Ellen worked at MTV Networks / Harmonix Music Systems in its business and legal affairs group, and served as co-editor in chief of the Harvard Negotiation Law Review.
- Represented TPG Sixth Street Partners in its approximately $1.27 billion purchase of Credit Suisse’s distressed credit portfolio consisting of over 270 instruments across asset types and geographies relating to approximately 170 companies.
- Represented Blackstone and Change Healthcare Holdings, Inc. in the creation with McKesson Corporation of a new healthcare health care information technology company, combining substantially all of Change Healthcare’s business and the majority of McKesson Technology Solutions business.
- Represented Goldman, Sachs & Co. in a number of structured equity investments in the telecommunications, data center and real estate industries.
- Represented Key Food Stores Co-Operative Inc. in its successful stalking horse bid for a collection of grocery stores in the chapter 11 cases of The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company, Inc. (A&P).
- Represented TPG Capital on its acquisition from Actavis plc of Actavis’ Aptalis Pharmaceutical Technologies (Pharmatech) business, a leading pharmaceutical research and development and manufacturing company.
- Represented TPG Growth in its investment in NorthStar Anesthesia, an anesthesiology practice management business.
- Represented a private equity firm in a multi-million dollar minority investment in a company that originates small balance commercial real estate loans.
- Represented TPG Real Estate in connection with its $120 million investment in and subsequent sale of self-storage company, LifeStorage, LP.