Melanie G. Wegner
Melanie Wegner joined Ropes & Gray as an associate in the litigation department in 2016.
During law school, Melanie worked as a judicial intern for the Honorable Colleen Kollar-Kotelly of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia and the Honorable Carol Ann Dalton of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia. Additionally, Melanie was a member of the George Washington Law Review, research assistant for Professor Naomi Cahn, and a writing fellow with the George Washington University Law School Writing Center.
- Conducts pre-acquisition anti-corruption due diligence for corporate clients.
- Representing a major pharmaceutical manufacturer in an investigation by the Department of Justice concerning alleged violations of the federal Anti-Kickback Statute.
- Advising the board members of a medical technology company in connection with several related matters, including qui tam (whistleblower) complaints and civil and criminal investigations by the DOJ and FDA.
- Representing multiple applicants pro bono in affirmative asylum proceedings.
- Conducted internal investigation relating to potential Anti-Kickback Statute violations for a multinational pharmaceutical company.
- Conducted internal investigation for American multinational technology company regarding potential FCPA violations.
- Assisted in the representation of a client before the Federal Trade Commission.