Ashley Wright joined Ropes & Gray in 2017 as an associate in the London office’s finance team. Ashley trained at a Magic Circle law firm. He has spent time on secondment at a U.S. investment bank.
- Acting for a leading mid-market US private equity fund on the dividend recapitalization of a portfolio company.
- Acting for Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe in its acquisition of Abzena plc and the target company’s short-term financing requirements.
- Acting for Bridgepoint in relation to the leveraged financing of BigHand Group.
- Acting for Avenue Capital on the sale of Hawthorn Leisure, a portfolio investment company owning c. 300 pubs across the UK, for £107m.
- Acting for CCMP on its sale of PureGym, a chain of no frills fitness clubs in the United Kingdom.
- Acting for Oakley Capital on its acquisition of TechInsights, a technology patent analysis business, and the subsequent refinance of TechInsights.
- Acting as English law counsel for Cable & Wireless Communications in connection with its SPV-structure $500 million Rule 144A and Regulation S high yield notes offering.
- Acting for a number of private equity funds in relation to various bids on European targets.
- Acting for a US investment bank in relation to a number of derivative loans.
- Acting for Intermediate Capital Group on its financing, by way of PIK loan, in connection with its joint partnership investment into IRIS, a leading provider of business-critical software and services.
- Acting for Macquarie Capital in connection with certain facilities made available for the purposes of Liberty Hall Capital Partners’ USD 135 million acquisition of Dunlop Aircraft Tyres Ltd.
- Acting for a syndicate of banks in the combination of Intrum Justitia and Lindorff in connection with financing commitments - €3 billion equivalent unsecured notes and a €1.1 billion revolving credit facility.