Boxin Wang is an associate in Ropes & Gray's private equity transaction group and a registered foreign lawyer in the Hong Kong office. Boxin has extensive experience handling private equity and private acquisitions, mergers and acquisitions, anti-trust filings, and China’s outbound investment transactions, representing both private equity firms and public and private companies in both buy-side and sell-side transactions. Boxin also has extensive experience handling foreign direct investment and joint ventures, and general regulatory and compliance work for foreign-invested enterprises in China. Boxin passed the PRC Bar Exam.
Before joining Ropes & Gray in 2015, Boxin worked at a reputable Wall Street law firm’s Shanghai, Hong Kong and New York offices for nearly seven years.
- Represented China Oceanwide in connection with its acquisition of International Data Group, Inc.
- Represented a consortium of investors led by GF Investments and including Huarong International, Huarong Rongde, SPDB International, China Everbright, Everbright Securities and CMBC International, in a US$300 million investment in E-Shang Redwood.
- Represented Bain Capital in connection with several transactions in China and Australia.
- Represented Goldman Sachs in its investment in a Chinese pharmaceutical company.
- Represented China Media Capital in connection with several preferred equity minority investment in Chinese targets.
- Advised Baring Private Equity Asia in its acquisition of a 40 percent stake in Weetabix Food Company in UK from Bright Food, a China state-owned food manufacturing company. Nominated for “M&A Deal of the Year” for 2016 by Asian Legal Business.
- Represented TPG in connection with various preferred equity minority investments in Chinese targets.
Transactions completed prior to joining Ropes & Gray:
- Represented a private equity consortium led by FountainVest Partners in connection with the US$4 billion privatization of Focus Media Holding Limited (Nasdaq: FMCN).
- Represented China Life Investment Holding Company Limited in its first ever real estate investment in a residential and office complex in United States.
- Represented OMERS Private Equity in its acquisition of Caliber Collision Centers for US$750 million.
- Represented AEA Investors in several acquisitions, including its acquisition of Gypsum Management and Supply, Inc. for US$750 million.
- Represented a leading global pharmaceutical company in the carve-out sale of its consumer care business for US$14.2 billion, and its proposed acquisition of another major pharmaceutical company’s animal health business for US$4 billion.
- Represented a leading global private equity firm in its rescue investment of US$680 million in one of North America’s largest producers of sand and resin coated proppants.
- “Mounting Uncertainties for Chinese Outbound Investments in the U.S.,” Ropes Mergers & Acquisitions Law News (June 2016)
- “Major Revisions to China Foreign Investment Regulatory Regime,” Ropes Mergers & Acquisitions Law News (June 2016)
- Co-author, “China Securities Regulatory Commission Releases Private Fund Administration Rules,” Hong Kong Lawyer (October 2014)
- Co-author, “Foreign Investment in China,” Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson client book (April 2008)