Brandon A. Winer
Brandon Winer is an associate in the firm’s private capital transactions group. He focuses his practice on representing private equity firms and strategic investors in mergers and acquisitions, minority investments and divestitures across a broad range of industries. Brandon also regularly advises private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies on general corporate governance matters.
During law school, Brandon externed with the Honorable Allison D. Burroughs in the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts and worked as a research assistant to Professor David Webber. He also served as Editor-in-Chief of the Boston University Law Review and competed on the Boston University School of Law’s Mock Trial Team. Before attending law school, Brandon worked as a paralegal in the non-capital habeas corpus unit of the Office of the Federal Public Defender for the District of Nevada.
- Represented Cinven in its investment in Drake Software, a leading provider of professional tax preparation software.
- Represented Cove Hill Partners in its sale of Storable, a leading provider of software, payments, insurance and marketplace solutions to the self-storage industry in the U.S., to EQT.
- Represented WellSky Corporation, a global health and community care technology company and portfolio company of TPG Capital, in its acquisition of ClearCare, a leading software-as-a-service provider used by home care companies, and in its definitive agreement to add Leonard Green & Partners as a new capital partner.
- Represented Ansira Partners, a leading marketing services provider and portfolio company of Advent International Corporation, in its acquisitions of BrightWave Marketing, a leading email and eCRM company, and the digital marketing business of CDK Global now rebranded as Sincro, an Ansira Company.
- Represented HDT Global, a provider of solutions aimed at creating and controlling environmental conditions to protect equipment and personnel and portfolio company of Charlesbank Capital Partners, in its acquisition of Berg Companies, a manufacturer of hard and soft wall shelter systems, fuel and water systems and power management solutions.
- Represented Access Information Management, the world’s largest privately-held records and information management services provider and a portfolio company of Berkshire Partners and GI Partners, in its acquisition of the records and information management business of EDM Americas.
- Represented Kohlberg & Company in obtaining financing for its acquisition of Orthopaedic & Neurosurgery Specialists, a provider of orthopedic and neurosurgery services in Connecticut and Westchester County, New York.
- JD, magna cum laude, Boston University School of Law, 2018; G. Joseph Tauro Scholar; Paul J. Liacos Scholar
- BSBA, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 2015
- AB, College of Southern Nevada, 2013
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2018