Brandon A. Winer
Brandon Winer is an associate in the firm’s private capital transactions group. He focuses his practice on representing private equity firms and strategic investors in mergers and acquisitions, minority investments and divestitures across a broad range of industries. Brandon also regularly advises private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies on general corporate governance matters.
During law school, Brandon externed with the Honorable Allison D. Burroughs in the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts and worked as a research assistant to Professor David Webber. He also served as Editor-in-Chief of the Boston University Law Review and competed on the Boston University School of Law’s Mock Trial Team. Before attending law school, Brandon worked as a paralegal in the non-capital habeas corpus unit of the Office of the Federal Public Defender for the District of Nevada.
- Represented Advent International in its minority investment in Tredence, a data science and AI engineering company.
- Represented Cinven in its acquisition of Drake Software, a leading provider of professional tax preparation software, and Drake Software’s acquisition of TaxAct, a leading provider of digital, do-it-yourself tax filing assistance software and services.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of AHEAD, a leading provider of cloud services.
- Represented Providence Equity Partners in its sale of Vistage Worldwide, the world's largest CEO coaching and peer advisory organization for small and midsize businesses.
- Represented Prospect Hill Growth Partners in its acquisition of MOTIS Brands, a vertically integrated e-commerce leader in the loading, hauling, mobility, automotive and recreational segments.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of Tango Analytics, a leading provider of cloud-based store lifecycle management and integrated workplace management software, and Tango Analytics’ acquisition of AgilQuest, a leader in flexible and hybrid workplace scheduling.
- Represented Charlesbank Capital Partners in its acquisition of Empire Today, the largest shop-at-home, direct-to-consumer flooring company in the United States.
- Represented GI Partners in its acquisition of Rectangle Health, a leading provider of healthcare financial technology and patient engagement solutions.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in its sale of Masergy, a pioneer in software-defined networking (SDN) and cloud platforms for global enterprises.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in its sale of Affordable Care, the country’s largest dental services organization specializing in tooth replacement.
- Represented Charlesbank Capital Partners in its sale of HDT Global, a provider of solutions aimed at creating and controlling environmental conditions to protect equipment and personnel.
- Represented Summit Partners in its sale of Abode Healthcare, one of the nation’s leading providers of home health and hospice services.
- Represented Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of Comlinkdata, a leading data and analytics provider to the global telecom industry, and Comlinkdata’s acquisition of Opensignal, an independent global standard in mobile network experience analysis.
- Represented Cove Hill Partners in its sale of Storable, a leading provider of software, payments, insurance and marketplace solutions to the self-storage industry in the U.S., to EQT.
- Represented WellSky Corporation, a global health and community care technology company and portfolio company of TPG Capital, in its acquisition of ClearCare, a leading software-as-a-service provider used by home care companies, and in its definitive agreement to add Leonard Green & Partners as a new capital partner.
- Represented Ansira Partners, a leading marketing services provider and portfolio company of Advent International Corporation, in its acquisitions of BrightWave Marketing, a leading email and eCRM company, and the digital marketing business of CDK Global now rebranded as Sincro, an Ansira Company.
- Represented HDT Global, a provider of solutions aimed at creating and controlling environmental conditions to protect equipment and personnel and portfolio company of Charlesbank Capital Partners, in its acquisition of Berg Companies, a manufacturer of hard and soft wall shelter systems, fuel and water systems and power management solutions.
- Represented Access Information Management, the world’s largest privately-held records and information management services provider and a portfolio company of Berkshire Partners and GI Partners, in its acquisition of the records and information management business of EDM Americas.
- JD, magna cum laude, Boston University School of Law, 2018; G. Joseph Tauro Scholar; Paul J. Liacos Scholar
- BSBA, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 2015
- AB, College of Southern Nevada, 2013
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2018