Caitlin is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s corporate department, focusing on intellectual property transactions. Caitlin’s practice is focused primarily on representing clients in business and intellectual property transactions where technology, brand strategy, or IP assets are key elements. Caitlin also represents private equity firms and other companies in technology-focused mergers and acquisitions. Caitlin works with companies in a wide range of industries, including branded and consumer products, advertising, entertainment and media, technology, software, and finance. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Caitlin was a corporate associate in an international law firm's Intellectual Property and Real Estate Groups.
- Represented TPG Capital in its investment in DirecTV in a transaction valued at $16.25 billion.
- Representing Francisco Partners and TPG Capital in their $4 billion joint acquisition of Boomi, a provider of cloud-based integration platform as a service (iPaaS), from Dell Technologies.
- Represented TA Associates and TPG Capital in their $1.6 billion joint acquisition of Planview, a software company providing portfolio management and work management solutions.
- Represented TPG Capital in its acquisition of Ellucian, a leading provider of higher education software and services.
- Represented TPG Capital in its acquisition of Entertainment Partners, the leading global end-to-end provider of production workforce management and automated production software and services to the entertainment industry.
- Represented TPG Capital in its acquisition of a majority stake in Nintex, a market leader in end-to-end process management and workflow automation, from Thoma Bravo.
- Represented TPG Capital portfolio company WellSky Corporation in an agreement to acquire ClearCare, a leading software-as-a-service provider used by home care companies.
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners in a variety of transactions including its investments in CorePower Yoga and Vici.
- Represented Golden Gate Capital in its investment in Ensemble Health Partners, an industry-leading national revenue cycle management provider.
- Represented MAG Aerospace, a portfolio company of New Mountain Capital, in the acquisition of AASKI Technology, a leading provider of services for planning, designing, implementing, securing, and managing highly complex, mission-critical networks and systems for government clients.
- Represented W2O Group, a portfolio company of New Mountain Capital, in its acquisition of 21GRAMS, a strategic and creative marketing, advertising and medical education agency.
- Represented New Mountain Capital and its portfolio company Cloudmed in its acquisition of Triage Consulting Group.
- Represented New Mountain Capital in its acquisition of emids Technology, a leader in digital engineering and transformation solutions to the healthcare industry.
- Represented New Mountain Capital in its sale of OneDigital.
- Represented KKR's portfolio company Heartland Dental in its acquisition of American Dental Partners.
- Represented Audax Private Equity in the recapitalization of the Chartis Group, a provider of advisory consulting software analytics to healthcare organizations.
- Represented Cressey & Company in its agreement to acquire a majority ownership position in StatLab Medical Products from Prairie Capital.
- Represented Cinven in its investment in Drake Software, a provider of software for tax preparers.
- JD, Columbia Law School, 2016
- BA (International Studies), magna cum laude, Middlebury College, 2013
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2017
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit