Daniel Weeks joined Ropes & Gray corporate department in 2018 and works primarily in the firm’s health care group. He has advised clients spanning the health care industry including hospitals, physician groups and other provider organizations, medical device manufacturers, and commercial payors, on a broad range of complex regulatory, transactional, reimbursement and compliance issues. Before and during law school, Daniel worked in the financial planning department of a major health care provider. Daniel was a notes and comments editor of the Brooklyn Journal of Corporate, Financial & Commercial Law, and a Health Law and Policy Fellow.
- Provided health care due diligence to private equity clients regarding target company’s compliance with federal and state regulatory requirements, including health care fraud and abuse laws such as the Anti-Kickback Statute, potential liability under the False Claims Act, and on data privacy, protection and security matters under HIPAA.
- Researched and analyzed state regulatory requirements for required change of ownership approvals and notifications, corporate practice of medicine, and scope of practice issues.
- Advised health care organizations regarding compliance with federal fraud and abuse laws, and requirements under applicable exceptions to these laws.
- JD, magna cum laude, Brooklyn Law School, 2018
- MBA, with distinction, New York University, 2014
- BA, with distinction, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2008